Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed the other day when I put the harness dress on Zoey that she seems to be losing muscle/fat on her chest. Does she look too skinny to you? Do I need to increase her food? She is getting about 2 oz of food per day. She weighs the exact same 4.5# as she did when I started raw, but she had a lot more 'padding' then. You can't see her ribs except at the bottom/underneath then you can count them. You can also feel her backbone but you can't see it.

Top View

Rib View:
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Side View (Can you tell she's peeved at me for making her 'nekkid'?) She doesn't feel well at all tonight.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
She looks good to me. :) They do loose fat which is replaced by lean muscle with raw. If she is the same weight I'd not worry. All my pups (except Marley & Maya--both whom needed to gain) lost some weight. With Mari & Matilda they lost a whole pound but didn't look any different. Maxie lost almost 2lbs & Milo 3lbs. I never thought my pups were overweight (except Milo--but because that's what the vet said LOL) but looking back they look much better now!

Anyway, I guess pups show their changes differently. Like I said Zoey looks like she's a healthy weight. Its probably just her muscle and fat definition changing. :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I guess I am just getting weirded out because she's always had a thick layer of pudge on her chest/rib cage/back :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I was gonna say what Heather said lol she looks great I'll try get a pic of daisy from above for u she is all coat tho I can feel spines too but I thought that was the way it was meant to be her shape will prob chain for a little while yet she's not been on it for longnwjay about George has he changed

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I think she looks good too. I think she's about at the perfect weight. Raw causes muscle definition and they lose that roly poly pudge they had on kibble. I would maintain her at this weight. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts