Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just wondered if anyone can help make sense of the weight chart,my pup is nearly 3lbs at 8wks how big will she be full grown,i cant make sense of the charts i work in lbs,to me she looks tiny but a friend says shes massive and will make 10lbs+ i still think shes fab but just hoped for a bit of help,thanks anyone

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
3lbs at 8 weeks is large for a standard sized Chi. Chances are your Chi will end up at about 8-10lbs as an adult. In standard sized Chi typically only hit the 2lb mark at 10+ weeks. Our Marley was 2 1/2lbs at 8 weeks & he is a 6lb 2oz adult...but he is an exception & didn't grow as much as most would. Though he is technically above the standard in weight (Chi standard shouldn't exceed 6lbs).

Your 3lb pup IS tiny but an 8 week old pup has massive amounts of growing to do to get to adult size. Even a 10lb Chi is tiny though--and will still be a lovely pet! :)

Here you can see my 10 1/2yo daughter with Milo (fawn & white) who is 8lbs & Maxie who is 4.5lbs. Not a *huge* difference at all. :)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
My chi was just over 2lbs at 10 weeks. He is now 5 months old and weighs almost 7lbs! But for me that is good, because now my golden plays with him all the time. She is not so afraid of "breaking him." I do hope he doesn't get too much bigger, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts