Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, there is something weird on the puppies eye, at 1st i thought it was a blood vessel but now im not to sure, it looks to be poping out, like its ON the eye, not in it. its not moving, or doesnt look like it has moved. does anyone know what it might be? it doesnt seem to be bothering him to much, he was rubbing at his eye a bit before, thats when i noticed it (about an hour ago)

sorry the pics arent to great, its hard to get him to stop moving.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I immediately thought parasite but you said it wasnt moving? It could be a blood vessel that has swollen I guess? I would also advise taking him to the vet.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i thought too, but it hasnt moved or anything. is it possible to have a parasite that doesnt move or is it no way it can be on if it hasnt moved at all?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Did you ever find out what this is/was?
I am about to take a puppy home and realized that she has something similar, on both eyeballs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DID anyone ever hear back as to WHAT this was? I have a longhair Dashboard (I know... This is chihuahua forum, but doing online search for my baby's issue, this was the exact same thing and I'm on a limited income due to cancer and can't afford a vet bill for something that I've overreacted about. This year alone, 2014, I've spent $1435.00 in which is nearly paid off, then I saw this in her eye and was like... oh my...not something else.) so I hope you can allow my post to remain. My mother is the Chihuahua enthusiast.. omg you have NOOO idea, lol. Thanks in advance and someone PLEASE take time to follow up with the findings.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
DID anyone ever hear back as to WHAT this was? I have a longhair Dashboard (I know... This is chihuahua forum, but doing online search for my baby's issue, this was the exact same thing and I'm on a limited income due to cancer and can't afford a vet bill for something that I've overreacted about. This year alone, 2014, I've spent $1435.00 in which is nearly paid off, then I saw this in her eye and was like... oh my...not something else.) so I hope you can allow my post to remain. My mother is the Chihuahua enthusiast.. omg you have NOOO idea, lol. Thanks in advance and someone PLEASE take time to follow up with the findings.
Not sure you will get a reply as it's an old post.You should see a vet

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I think by now, 2+ months, that the 'worm' would have been seen by a vet. I'm sorry about your financial state. I'm in the same state! BUT I would have gotten a way a long time ago to get this baby to the vets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It might be a angiokeratoma. My chi has one that comes and goes. The vet ophthalmologist prescribed steroid eye drops. It is not a serious problem unless left untreated, allowing it to grow and interfere with eyesight or eventually cause blindness.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
We haven't heard back. Sorry about your cancer. Hope things are looking up for you. Is your doxie's eye painful at all? If she/he is pawing at the eye, then the vet should see it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts