Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so, Bryco is 11 months old. He doesn't have much of what I'd call a "coat" yet LOL, it has been very slow coming in,...but he hasn't been shedding at all...til yesterday. I brush him every day, and I got a brush full of fur! Then, same thing again today. Nothing has changed in his diet, and he is healthy and drinking and eating well. Its still really cold outside so I wasn't expecting him to shed until closer to spring...but I remember Sarah mentioned that Daisy and Lotus were shedding right now too. His coat looks healthier than ever, so maybe that was just some dead fur?

He also has started to grow in some long little hairs in over the short hairs on the side of his body, over what I think was still "puppy" coat, so maybe that's what is brushing out, too (the dead puppy coat, FINALLY?)?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
So funny you posted this because this is happening to both Bailey and Addy....its almost excessive!! I have to swiffer sweep every day becuase there is so much hair. I thought it was very unusual as well:confused:

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I think Bryco is blowing his puppy coat. Prepare for a gorgeous adult coat to be coming in, just in time for the shows. ;)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL Tracy I hope you are right...but don't they blow the puppy coat at like 4-6 months? So shouldn't the little dunce have already done that? Or do they just blow most of the fluffy bit...? He has very healthy fur but like, I was awed to see the amount I brushed out yesterday and today. I feel like he is gonna be a nakey chi hehehe not one with a nice coat.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Shayley is shedding right now, which is weird because it seems more right now than she ever did. Kizzie is shedding but hardly. So weird because I know they shed but it's usually not like this. I'm ready for Spring too! lol

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So funny you posted this because this is happening to both Bailey and Addy....its almost excessive!! I have to swiffer sweep every day becuase there is so much hair. I thought it was very unusual as well:confused:
How weird! I mean, you guys don't get snow or anything there, but maybe there is just something in the air making them shed? Its only B tho, here, I think...SC are harder to tell lol.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Lola looks so naked at the mo, i cant wait 4 her coat to come back she looks a mess! just waiting 4 her tummy hair to grow back too from her spaying and it seems to be taking ages!!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
When I was brushing out Maxx last night there was a lot of hair in his brush which I thought was odd for this time of year. That usually doesn't happen until closer to spring/summer time. I was thinking it's because we've been running our heater more than usual, and he's been loving laying in front of the fireplace. The others seem unaffected though, so idk???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts