Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we made the drive to Cameron, MO and got our 2nd Chihuahua. My daughter named her Chloe and she is a doll. Very chubby and cute. She is about the same size as our 13 week old (Chloe is 11 weeks) so I am guessing full grown she may be a little bigger than Jadzia. But she is tubby and she doesn't run around nearly as much as Jadzia so I am thinking she might ACTUALLY be tinier just...you know...plumper from not being very active.

She is a sweetheart but really different from Jadzia. It worries me some. Jadzia is super outgoing and has all the typical puppy, terrier behaviors. She is hoppy and prancy...she play bites and tugs at our shih tzu (and us) and is very active. Chloe seems to be shy. She is happiest burrowed away behind a pillow or being held. When we put her down, she hides behind our legs or finds a corner. She growls at Jadzia when Jadzia tries to play with her and has nipped at Jadzia pretty good. Granted, I see puppies at pet stores doing that kind of stuff constantly...but it is sort of violent and worries me!

Yet, they will cuddle up on a lap together and snuggle for a nap. So who knows!?! I just want both Chi's to be happy and grow up together as buddies.

But honestly...I can't get over how cute this little Chloe is. She is very sweet and adores my 14 year old best. They bonded instantly.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
She's in a new home,left her siblings and mum she's scared give her time she needs to adjust.Adorable little face

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update - the girls had a great day of playing together in Christmas Eve. They were together all day and appear to have formed a friendship! Yay! Also, Chloe has come out of her shell and realized we are pretty nice. She is crazy in love w/ our daughter...and she is sleeping in a crate by her bed. Mary Kate is nervous to let Chloe sleep with her - which I totally understand. Anyway - it's going great. Thank you all for the encouragement!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts