Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious as to how many chis we actually had here in Bakersfield at the pound and SPCA and I found the cutest little cream male at the pound. So I went and picked him up. He's not in the best shape, a under weight, has scabs on his ears, scratch on his nose, and the longest legs ever. He weighs 4.2 right now. He is not socialized at all, gonna be fun. But he looked so forlorn in his picture and had been at the pound for over a month. My heart went out to him.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok, I could only manage to get two, he is so hyper after being cooped up in a cage for a month. All the rest were blurs lol I need to think of a name for him, too.

Here he is next to my 17 year old Doxie mix, Bandit

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
AWWWWW.... he's so tiny and cute!! Lookit those little legs!! Bless you for rescuing him!!

Do you still have your little lost Chi? Anyone claim him yet? Your family is growing by leaps and bounds!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
What a good heart you have ! He has the skinniest wee legs..oh my gosh . He is lucky to have been rescued. Certainly he'll be socialized well at your place. Best of Luck with him

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, a couple of more pics and some of my other dogs.

Looking out the door

The lost puppy and my peke, Ling Ling

My lab mix, Bouncer

Some more pics of the new dog.

He is so thin

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Aw he is so cute.He has a good loving home with you now.Is it possible he has got greyhound or something in him because his legs are sooo long.Either way he is really cute.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
He looks like he has been through a war :(
Bless you for taking him in and giving him someone to love...

Can't wait to hear what you name him!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I like Gonzo for his name. I have been calling the lost pup Reggie because I thought he should have a name other than the little guy. It's funny, Reggie's legs are too short and Gonzo's are too long. Between them, they would make a nicely proportioned dog. :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Awww, bless his little heart! You're such a wonderful person to take him in. I was also going to say he looks like a Chi/Italian Greyhound mix with those legs & quite a long muzzle. Regardless...he certainly is a handsome little guy!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Aw like the name for both of the babys.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts