Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Good luck! There are many people here that can help you and cheer you on. Do not be overwhelmed by the amount you want to lose because if you stick with a differnet nutrition lifestyle, the pounds will peel right off.

Are you going to be following any special diet plan? Take a picture of yourself to compare. Best of luck!!!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
goodluck im 5'6 and got down to 146 from 152 in 28 days. nutrition is really really important and not eating after dinner...no snacks except for some fruit. its really hard to keep up with that weightloss after though. you also need to workout with cardio type activites like walking the dogs everyday or working out on the treadmill or playing some basketball like i have. i also do pilates when i have the time at home through workout vids on youtube. let me tell u...i cant grab my side handles anymore LOL. the workouts are fairly easy and boy does it strengthen up ur muscles. i took out soda from my list of things as well....havent had a sip of soda in a month and 2 weeks...u also need to keep drinking water and itll make the bad fat drain out. u can also infuse water with fruits and such (its the in things right now) i just started doing it since water isnt my fav of all drinks.. :lol:
its always great to have people to talk to about it as well. goodluck!

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
I day make small goals each month. It helped me not get discouraged. I tend to lose very slow so my goals were at 5pound increments. I also had exercise goals. This injury I have has not helped with weight loss so as soon as I'm better I will be back on track with you! Best of luck!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm gonna work towards losing 10 pounds every 6 weeks, I think that is a fair and reasonable goal :)

Oooh water infused with fruit sounds yummy any recipe suggestions?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
306 Posts
Good luck! I am 5'6 as well and recenlt lost 15 pounds and have 10 more to go! I broke my leg on Monday so I a bit worried that it will set me back a bit now :-(

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
There's recipes all over the web hehe! U can also make them urself, be creative! Always remember if ur doin any weight training and gaining muslcebitll add to ur weight but in a good way

·
Registered
152 Posts
Some great ideas there :p I'm 5ft 5in tall and *gulp* 16st/224lb (I was 17.2st/238lb in January) and aiming to get back to 10st which is 140lb.

Just rejoined Slimming World three weeks ago so that dreaded Monday night weigh-in should keep me on the straight and narrow :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Got one hell of an incentive today - Neil said he would buy me my Chihuahua as soon as I reached my weight loss goal :D I'm sure he thinks I cannot do it ;)

Hahaha I'll show him! I'll have to see if I can sort out a weightloss ticker to count down to Puppy Day :cool:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Try to set your weight loss goal at about 2-3 pounds a weeks. It does not sound like a much, but it adds up very quickly.
I started in February at 172 pounds. Today I am 123 pounds! I am 5'6" tall. Was it easy?? Nooooo! I limited myself to under 1000 calories a day. I walked four miles a day and did hard cardio once daily. I cut out all (ok, almost all) breads, pies, cakes, ice cream, and anything else that is delicious. The key is portions. Small portions served on a small plate. And also, nothing to eat after supper. Drink up to a gallon of water a day if possible. No soda, not even diet soda. I messes up your metabolism.
I have now maintained my weight for about a month. I eat three "normal" meals a day. I snack on grapes and nuts. I have a thin slice of cake about once a week. I still walk 3-4 miles a day. I was a size 12-14 USA size and now i am a 4-5!
Trust me on this.....I was a food addict! If I can do this anyone can do this!:cheer:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good luck! Make sure you drink plenty of water & I can really recommend using the "my fitness pal" app, its free but made a big difference to me calculating how many calories I should be eating to loose weight as well as keeping a rolling total on what I was having in the day as well (worked so much better than me doing it manually myself!) I even have it set up on my phone now so I don't "forget" to add things while I'm out & about, lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
Got one hell of an incentive today - Neil said he would buy me my Chihuahua as soon as I reached my weight loss goal :D I'm sure he thinks I cannot do it ;)

Hahaha I'll show him! I'll have to see if I can sort out a weightloss ticker to count down to Puppy Day :cool:

Good luck to you as well, what a fab incentive!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Even better.....yesterday, as he was leaving to go to work, Neil said he'd meet me halfway :D I need to lose 6st (84lb) *yes, I'm cuddly LOL* but he said once I've lost HALF I can have my dog :foxes_207:

I must make my poor hubby out to be some sort of dog-hating Evil Dictator at times but he's not really :D He's even softer than I am when it comes to animals and I know FOR A FACT that once our pup gets her paws through our front door Neil will be putty in her paws :rolleyes: He knows just how much I need a dog in my life and how much happier I will be in myself once I have him/her :p
I lost my last dog, Tina Whippet, in August 2008 and in May 2009 had a breakdown (we lost her in a tragic drowning accident and I blamed myself) and it's been in those 5 years that I've put all my weight on.....eating junk to try to fill the gap that not having a dog has created :(

The hard part will be stopping Neil from STEALING my chi away from me! ;) :D No doubt I'll be soon posting LOTS of photos of Daddy curled up with 'his' little girl (or boy!) :coolwink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts