Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...Gizmo is on his "Hunger Strike" again...

so I bought a can of the Wellness puppy food and mixed it with his RC puppy and he LOVED it!

does anyone know much about wellness canned food...I wonder if it's as good as it says it is...

not that I'll give it to him all the time, but I haven't seen him eat like that in a long time...

They also have lamb, chicken rice, all sorts of mixes...

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Wellness is my specialty! LOL

Cooper used to get the dry food but he didn't like it as much, so we stopped.

However, the canned food is like puppy dog crack!! You can actually see pieces of carrot and stuff in there. He only gets about a tablespoon a day, mixed in with his regular food though.

The only problem I have with it is the cans are too big for the "standard" size lids that you buy for dog and cat food. I had to go to the Container Store and buy a special one for $9.

But, yeah, Cooper loves it.... the canned food, at least.

It's made by Old Mother Hubbard, in case you wanted to look it up or research it.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh wow...I just looked it up online...thanks coops mum!
Look at all the stuff in it...

Wellness Canned Dog Food Puppy Formula 6 oz. contains quality natural ingredients with vitamins and minerals such as Deboned Chicken, Salmon, Sweet Potato, Pears, Bananas, and Flaxseed

Gizmo absoultely adores any kind of fish, oh and bananas...no wonder my baby likes this food :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wellness is one of my top 3 picks. Innova and Evolve are the others. I only have experience with the dry food but all three of those have added fruits, veggies and dairy.

Innova's special items are cottage cheese, apples, carrots, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes...

Evolve special items are beets. yogurt, cheese, peas, spinach...

Wellness's special items are Salmon, peas, carrots, tomatoes, bananas, apples, pears.

Most other dog food just has meat and added vitamins or just extracts of the things mentioned above. The ingredients in all three are human grade. You could actually eat it yourself if you were starving and would do quite well on it!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
sandmama said:
The ingredients in all three are human grade. You could actually eat it yourself if you were starving and would do quite well on it!!
I can vouch for the fact you can eat it. I have. But y'all know I taste everything I give Cooper before I give it to him. The Wellness dry food actually tasted pretty good to me, but not as good as OmaKitty's Fancy Feast dry. And the canned Wellness... I could really put it on a cracker and eat it. It is THAT good.

Now that I've grossed you out, I'm going to stop. :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I know what you mean... Cooper's favorite Wellness is the New Zealand Venison and Sweet Potato. He eats that ... I eat microwave dinners. Not even microwave "dinners"... I eat Hot Pockets. LOL

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
ChiChiMomma said:
Well....hot pockets are mighty good! :albino:
LOL yeah, they are but I have literally been eating two hot pockets for every meal since February if I "cooked" a meal at home. I only work 1/2 year so when my job started up in Feb, I just gave up on cooking until I got furlouged until next year. I haven't worked since June, yet I can't seem to let go of the hot pocket!!

The really sad part of this story is I think to myself "okay, no more hot pockets. Today, we're going to eat something really good." Then I go to McDonalds. LOL

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
ssshhhh don't tell Mark he will go down and buy a case of it for gadget... he has been trying to get Gadget on Canned food for months now./....

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Chico gets the Wellness canned food as a treat, I give him the Chicken and Sweet Potato flavor. It must taste good because I have caught my cats trying to sneak a bite when Chico and I aren't looking, and that makes Chico very mad, lol.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Cooper said:
sandmama said:
The ingredients in all three are human grade. You could actually eat it yourself if you were starving and would do quite well on it!!
I can vouch for the fact you can eat it. I have. But y'all know I taste everything I give Cooper before I give it to him. The Wellness dry food actually tasted pretty good to me, but not as good as OmaKitty's Fancy Feast dry. And the canned Wellness... I could really put it on a cracker and eat it. It is THAT good.

Now that I've grossed you out, I'm going to stop. :lol:
LMAO! :D

and, hey, I love HotPockets! ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts