Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**UPDATE** Wellness Super 5 Mix-Small Breed

Is anyone else having problems finding this? I normally buy 2 of the 12# bags each month at the 2 Petco's in my area but for the last couple of months I've had to buy 6 of the smaller bags to equal the 24# size. Management has been really good about honoring the larger bag price so far. No one seems to know why there is no 12# bags on the shelves, I did contact Wellness and am waiting for an answer back.
Meanwhile I had to buy the Total Health Super 5 Mix but WOW are the pieces bigger-my crew is SO not happy with this! I think between the kibble size and the fish flavor that there's going to be a food boycott staged by some po'd Chi's around here:foxes15:

I'm not looking to change the food-my crew likes it and I like how well they do on it:) I was just curious...

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Hmmm.... Not sure why that would be. Hope they get it taken care of and you can get your bags soon. What a pain!!! I buy the same, but get it at a local pet shop, and haven't had to buy any in a while.

Lori

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL,thanks for answering, I guess we're the only ones who feed Wellness! I'm still waiting for an answer from Old Mother Hubbard...

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I stopped at the pet shop the other day and they had all 3 sizes of the small breed. I haven't been to PetSmart or PetCo though, we go, or used to go to, Chuck and Dons. And they had an awesome supply of pet food, but unfortunately I think they're only in Minnesota :(

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm planning to switch Coco to Wellness on Monday and was curious if there is a really big difference in the kibble size for small breed and total health.

I've also been debating if I would be better off buying a bigger bag or stick with the small one. I'm worried that she won't like it and I'll be stuck with a big bag full. On the other hand, the closest town that carries it is an hour away and I don't get there often so buying the bigger bag would be beneficial. She's not a picky dog at all so I'm hoping there will be no problems.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't suppose either one of you ladies would like to ship some poor starvin' Texas Chi's their veeerrryyy favorite food in the whole wide world?! LOL-J/K:D

It's just irritating that a huge chain like Petco can't figure out that 6 bags of this particular food isn't going to cut it- thats their total order for a month!
And get this- it wasn't just one store- 2 different stores think that way...

UUUGGGGG!!!!!!:foxes15:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm planning to switch Coco to Wellness on Monday and was curious if there is a really big difference in the kibble size for small breed and total health.

I've also been debating if I would be better off buying a bigger bag or stick with the small one. I'm worried that she won't like it and I'll be stuck with a big bag full. On the other hand, the closest town that carries it is an hour away and I don't get there often so buying the bigger bag would be beneficial. She's not a picky dog at all so I'm hoping there will be no problems.
The Small breed is about the size of average sized dry cat food and the Complete Health is about the same size as Pedigree or Iams.
Could you ask what the stores return policy is if your little one doesn't like the food? Some will let you return if there's just a little bit used- they can get return credit from the distributor:)
I can say that I've got some very picky lil divas and this is the first food that they've eaten for more than a month...fingers crossed!;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
The Small breed is about the size of average sized dry cat food and the Complete Health is about the same size as Pedigree or Iams.
Could you ask what the stores return policy is if your little one doesn't like the food? Some will let you return if there's just a little bit used- they can get return credit from the distributor:)
I can say that I've got some very picky lil divas and this is the first food that they've eaten for more than a month...fingers crossed!;)
The food Coco is on now is Halo and I would say it's about pea sized so it sounds like Wellness may be pretty close to that. I like the Halo and even though it's a good food I want to switch her to something better. I figured what better time than now since she's being switched from puppy to adult food (she turns 1 on Friday)

I'll be getting her food at Petco and so far I haven't had a problem returning anything. I usually call and let them know what my problem is and my distance from them so they understand if I don't make it there the same day.

·
Registered
354 Posts
now Rhonda it is not polite to beg, if you are going to do it use the words pretty please with sugar on top!!!!! :)
Sorry petco is being so difficult do you need me to go talk to them???

If auntie Darla needs to step in you just say the word!!!!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL-I make Chuck nervous as it is, can't you just see something the size of me,hair standing on end, with Peanut yelling from her carrier, saying 'Pretty Please With Sugar On Top"?!

Go for it, BTW didja return the shoes? :coolwink:

I think it might be one of those cases of Home Office controls our order- they send what we need.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heres the answer I got back today:

Dear Rhonda:

Thank you for taking the time to write about Wellness Small Breed dog food.

We have had some manufacturing issues with this product so please hold the retailer harmless. This product is NOT discontinued but we were missing an ingredient so we had to hold production of the product. We have had successful production runs and it is now flowing thru the supply chain but it may be a couple of weeks before it gets back on your retailers shelves.

Please try adding warm water to the product you currently have as this may help your dog to chew and it will bring out the aromas and flavors of the product. If there is an issue, and your dog won't eat, then you can contact the retailer and ask about our product guarantee and we do back that guarantee up.

Thanks again for contacting us.

Mike Shapiro
Representative
Consumer Affairs

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Well that's good news. Hopefully you'll be able to find the larger bags again soon.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup,if OMH can get it back on the shelves and Petco will get more than 6 bags a month we'll be good to go around here!:coolwink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts