Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And we've discovered that I can get Kangaroo, Emu, Ostrich, and CROCODILE meat from a butcher near us! (can they eat Crocodile?)

My dogs are defiantly going to get a good selection once they move off of chicken!!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Really wow bloody hell I never asked

Ostrich is amazing I give the girls ostrich chews never tried the meat

Yes they can eat crocodile so can we my
Mum hates it

With exotic meats I would freeze them before hand I'm sure they are find but a week in the freezer will kill anything nasty in there

How are they doing so far noticed any changes??

We got 6 lamb hearts for £2.65 yesterday so I spend ages trimming off the fat and portioning them out I'm stocking my freezer full because I ant grt out if it snows lol

You should notice a difference in pips allergies

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll buy them already frozen - The butcher was so helpful, and he feeds his own dogs raw so has a supply of it already frozen for his own pets.

And ive noticed huge changes already - Pippi has more energy and is far less itchy, and both their coats shine so much! Plus even though both need bathing, theres no doggy smell at all! Its brilliant!

I went out to stock up too incase of the snow Lol! Round here we tend to end up with all the roads blocked, so we've got both freezers full. I also picked up some frozen chicks (25 for £2!!!) - Pippi will love them!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Awesome! Wish I could get exotic meats here. The only thing I can get is buffalo/bison. I would definitely try all those different meats. They would each have a slightly different nutrient base. The crocodile would be fantastic! Good for you!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Thats too neat! It is hard to even find lamb here. Its all beef, turkey, chicken, and pork really. My husband is supposed to go hunting soon tho so I'll get rabbit and venison. I have some dove in the freezer right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts