Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm home for the summer and there's two separate fenced in areas for dogs at the local park. One is almost always empty, so I've claimed it as the small dog section, lol. I went yesterday and convinced my mom, dad, and sisters to come and my mom brought her two schnauzer x poodle mixes. I think we all had a great time and were tired out in the end. Here are some photos!

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
oliver has the sweetest face id love one just like him he is such a handsome boy the other dog is cute too

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
What fun!! Great pics. Oliver is a doll.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
YAY!! I love the small section of the Dog park I will be there on Saturday!! PM if you can go!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use a Nikon D40 with a 70-300mm lens :) Thanks for all of the wonderful complements! Ollie was actually just mid-bark in that photo, but sometimes his barks verge on a more howling-type sound. I think he looks like a cheetah in the one where he's running with his tail to the side :D

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
nice pics!

after 1 trip to the dog park when i just had 2 dogs i've never went back. all the big dogs hunded Jamoka and Jemini so never again

i'm glad you guys had a goood time

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
after 1 trip to the dog park when i just had 2 dogs i've never went back. all the big dogs hunded Jamoka and Jemini so never again
We were in a separate fenced in area, but I know what you mean. I don't think I could ever handle the stress of taking my little guy into the area where the big dogs go. Ollie loves big dogs, and most of them are usually friendly, but large breed puppies are a big concern since they never seem to know their own size/strength and don't have manners yet. I also worry about pack mentality, because in that sort of environment it might only take one "alpha" type dog to decide he doesn't like someone, and then everyone else might think it is acceptable to join in.

I think there would be more small dog parks if more people spoke up. Unfortunately, a lot of small breed owners either coop up their little ones at home and rarely concern themselves with the exercise requirements of a small dogs. They may not be as destructive as big dogs when bored, and they might be able to meet their minimum requirements at home, but they still need a bit of exploration and a good romp around here and there to keep them mentally healthy.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I like how they have the separate part for the small dogs but apparently the new park isnt going to have that :( I took ava and quark into the big part and Quark got trampled by a standard Poodle he was mad he chased the dog started attacking him the owner yelled at me I like the small part thats where we will stay Lol

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like how they have the separate part for the small dogs but apparently the new park isnt going to have that :( I took ava and quark into the big part and Quark got trampled by a standard Poodle he was mad he chased the dog started attacking him the owner yelled at me I like the small part thats where we will stay Lol
Yeah, I've heard that they're moving it and getting rid of the little section. Makes me mad :( Why'd the owner yell at you? It sounds like it was their dog that misbehaved.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts