Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just got back from the vet with Chico and Lilly.
I was worried for Chico he had a very small bold spot. and I ask the vet about it. He said it could be because of the collar. But he well check to be sure. So he used the black light. And didn't find anything in that spot or anywhere in his body except above his nose he found a green color and thing it could be RINGWORM. :( He took a hair sample and well call me for the result.
And he also gave me a meds to rub it. he said to wear cloves when I put it on him. :(
I asked him were did it comes from he said it comes from cats. It makes since it's above his nose and it's were he smells Lilly.

I feel so bad putting him thro this. The doctor doest seem worried about it. But I never went thro this before and I'm worried. :(

Chico sleeps with me should I let him sleep in his bed tell the ringworm is gone?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Poor Chico! Ringworm is nothing too serious though, especially since you apparently caught it early. I would let him sleep in his own bed, too. He will probably be more upset about not sleeping with you than he is about the ringworm, LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys.

Poor Chico! Ringworm is nothing too serious though, especially since you apparently caught it early. I would let him sleep in his own bed, too. He will probably be more upset about not sleeping with you than he is about the ringworm, LOL.
Yeah I'm so grateful we caught it early.

If Chico didn't have that Small bold part that could be from his collar we wouldn't have notice the Ringworm.
The doctor also does not seem worried. And just told me to put the cream above his noise.

Poor Chico he well be so sad he wont be sleeping with me. :(

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Mine all had an outbreak of ringworm, didnt even go to the vet. I just got the cream and put it on 2-3 times a day. It doesnt hurt them or anything just a round lil mark on their skin will go away in a week or 2. Hubby caught it from the dogs and had nice ringworm make on his face. I gave him shit for it, cause it looked funny. Chico is gonna be ok. :D

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
poor chico!!!!! he'll be all better once the cream sets in, then he'll be a happy healthy chico. u definitely dont want ur bill to go along with his...no sleepings with ur chi until hes all better ;) goodluck!!

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thank you guys.

I just got a text from my vet.
The ringworm test is Positive. please come to the vet for meds. :(

I was away from my mobile when he called. So I caled him back and he said to give him the meds for 30 days. The med that he gave me before well stop it from spreading. And the new one well get it out.

He said we caught it early before it spread. And they will want to see him in 2 weeks. :(

I haven't been sleeping since our last visit. I don't thing I will be able too again for 2 more weeks. :(

Can anyone please tell me what is the best way to clean his beds, blanket, toys and carpet?

Ciarra what cream did you use?

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Ciarra what cream did you use?

Its called "tinactin" its pretty much just athlete foot cream, didnt even go to the vet. Because I called my breeder friend who had an outbreak of it, and I was thinking one of my caught it from hers. and all mine got it but Kirby, I didnt notice my cats having it either. But I picked the scab once a day and put the cream on 2-3 times a day and the ringworm mark was gone in a week or 2 and most have grown their hair back in the spot where ringworm was.

I think Chico will be just find, all mine bounced back really fast.:D

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
for carpet i'm pretty sure you do steam cleaning so it can be entirely clean ;) for the rest,,,antibacterial setting in the wash i presume? not sure that's what we did when there was a bedbug

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Its called "tinactin" its pretty much just athlete foot cream, didnt even go to the vet. Because I called my breeder friend who had an outbreak of it, and I was thinking one of my caught it from hers. and all mine got it but Kirby, I didnt notice my cats having it either. But I picked the scab once a day and put the cream on 2-3 times a day and the ringworm mark was gone in a week or 2 and most have grown their hair back in the spot where ringworm was.

I think Chico will be just find, all mine bounced back really fast.:D
Ow thank you. You have know idea how happy you made me. I will look this cream up. And put it on Chico. Thank you so much.

I keep looking at you sig if you updated the count time. If not that means you would be having your baby. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts