Chihuahua People Forum banner

We're BACK!

926 views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  quinnandleah 
#1 ·
Hey friends!!! :p
How is everyone doing?! I hope everyone is well. :)
We finally moved!!! Hubby, the fur kids and myself all LOVE our new place! We've been saving and planning for this move for several years.
I even got to put my designing skills to work by picking out everything from the tiles, to flooring, to kitchen cabinets, to furniture!
I kept hubby completely in the dark about it all, he was fine with it and could not wait to see the end result! (talk about trust! lol)
I'm super excited about how it turned out. Hubby just adores it and can not believe how our hard work has paid off.
It isn't much, it's smaller than our old apartment, but it's new, it's comfy, it's pretty and it's all ours!
Not to mention we used to live in a 70 year old building, so problems never seemed to end, now everything is fresh and new and just seems too good to be true!
Personally I could care less where I live as long as my little family is with me, but since both hubby and I put so much sweat into this place I'm really proud to call it our home!
10 days without internet was just too painful! :rolleyes: I'm oh sooo happy it's back on. :lol: I missed you guys a lot, and am looking forward to reading the new threads!

I'm still unpacking and dealing with deliveries and such, it's annoying but well worth it.
It's taking me a long while because I'm doing it slowly, the move was hard on me due to my illness, my symptoms flared up more than ever.
Hubby wants to help, but I think he has enough on his plate with work, not to mention I'm a control freak and want to do everything myself. :rolleyes:
I took a couple shots of Chanel, but I haven't even taken pictures of the condo itself yet, but will post some once I do.
Meanwhile, here is her majesty Chanel, who is adjusting better than any of us!

:flower:

See less See more
#11 ·
Aww spank you very much!!! :p

Welcome back! I love the wood floors in your new place. Chanel is beautiful, as usual! I know what a pain moving is. Glad all is going smoothly. :)
Thanks! I LOVE the wood floors too! I picked them. :D
I'm so happy with them, we used to have very sad looking floors, lol,
they were some kind of fake linoleum or something, very very sad and ugly.

im so glad ur back! and that everythin went well. when u said u took a couple shots of chanel for some reason i was thinkin u took a couple shots of liquor hahaha..it wouldmake sense from all that hardwork u did. hey if its comfy and has all ur loved ones livin under one roof then its the perfect home
Haha, I've been 100% sober for 6 years! ... as hard as it is to believe considering I'm Russian,lol. :lol:

Welcome back :cool:
Thank you! Nice new siggy you got there!!! Love the little wiggly Pugs! :cool:

Welcome back! Glad the move went well. Enjoy the new house :)
Nice of you to say, thanks! I can't wait to finish what needs to be done so I could start to take it all in and relax! :)

Woohoo you're back!!! And I'm guessing I can count on you to not move again any time soon right!?! I need my Chanel fix now and then, been in withdrawl all week LOL
Haha, you never know, I move a lot!!! I've moved about 10 times already,lol.
But I'm planning on staying here a while. A condo in the city is not my first
choice, I wish to be out in the country, but need to be close to a Hospital.
As for a Chanel fix, your wish is my command...I'll post some quick pics now! :)

Welcome Back. Glad your all moved and all is well.
Thank you, I hope you are doing well also.

Hey there! I'm glad you are back - I missed your cheerful posts! Glad you are settling in okay - moving's a pain, isn't it? Chanel looks beautiful as usual! Hope the boys are doing well too!
You're so nice. :oops:
You are right, moving is tough. I think I'm built for stress, I deal pretty well with it.
But hubby's really tired, he likes routine, change is tough for him, even a positive one.
Chanel is doing great, she could care less where she is, as long as we are all together.
Rocky and Benji are having a tough time though, they are a very sensitive breed, and just like their papa don't like change.
In time they will be fine, meanwhile I'm spoiling them just a tad more. ;)

#3 ·
Welcome back! I love the wood floors in your new place. Chanel is beautiful, as usual! I know what a pain moving is. Glad all is going smoothly. :)

#4 ·
im so glad ur back! and that everythin went well. when u said u took a couple shots of chanel for some reason i was thinkin u took a couple shots of liquor hahaha..it wouldmake sense from all that hardwork u did. hey if its comfy and has all ur loved ones livin under one roof then its the perfect home

#12 ·
Very sweet of you to say! :daisy:
Poor Chanel is being so brave, considering the big move and the fact that her teeth are killing her(teething). I'm proud of her, she's a tough cookie!

#16 ·
That's it for now!
Must get back to work!
Once all the furniture arrives, I'll take condo pics as well! :)

#22 ·
I KNOW!!! It is unbelievable! LOL
But due to my disease I'm not allowed even 1 drink, ever.
I also quit booze for personal reasons, alcoholism runs in the family, so I just
decided to stay away before it ruins me. When it's in your blood there is no
such thing as "having just one drink on occasion". So I quit it all together, and
eventually even got hubby to join me! Still to this day people find it super odd
that we both don't drink. This Christmas I'm expecting to get the same funny
looks I got last year for drinking only water at the diner table,lol. Oh well, it works for me. ;)

Ohh, you have chocolate brown hardwood floors like me! They are my favourite thing about my house. And its great not having carpet when you have dogs :)
Me too! I've always wanted hard wood floors but could never afford them, still can't really, lol. :rolleyes:
I hate carpet, it looks great but isn't practical. My dogs are all very clean though.
I can have white carpets everywhere and they'll stay clean. I'm a clean freak and wipe
their paws and bellies really well after each walk, so they are always kissable clean,
and thank goodness because they get A LOT of kisses!!! :p

Your new floors are beautiful!!!! So is Chanel.
Aww thanks!!! I love them too, I find they give the place a really warm look.(both the floors and Chanel,lol):D

Welcome back and congrats on your new place :)
Thank you so much! It's a tiny place, one bedroom, one living room, one bathroom and a small kitchen.
That's why it was so important for me to try and make it livable and cozy. I didn't want it to feel small.
I'm lucky it has big windows, and a balcony! I've been dreaming of a balcony! lol

Welcome back!!!...and WOW!!!! just on the small peeks of the place I can't wait to see the whole thing when you get done. It matches your puppies (I thought I was the only one who did that) be it by purpose or accident.
You are so kind, thanks so much! No you are not alone, I match everything,
my home, my furniture, my accessories, my clothing, my pups, everything!!!
It's silly I know, but I like it. I have severe OCD, so matching makes me feel
better, more in control I guess. I also happen to love earth tones, so that
was also an inspiration for this condo. Brown, beige, white are my favorite
colors. I find them warm and inviting. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.