Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Now I'm going to have to find out why each chihuahua participant seems to have gotten a face "pinching".

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for sharing. Now I'm going to have to find out why each chihuahua participant seems to have gotten a face "pinching".
I think what you are describing as a face pinch is the judge checking their bite ;-)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I like the one who got BOS the best :) some look a bit fat too!
Bryco will be there next year kicking butt!
I liked him too, and when I checked the results, its Logan's half brother :D

Also, a tiny claim to fame, the BOB Logan beat a few times when he was shown in America! Go Logie! :hello1: She is a lovely looking bitch :) And another one, the judge gave my basenji a 4th place at the pet plan stakes finals a year ago, so I like that judge :D

Was pleased to see the pug do well in the group, though I think I prefer our British pugs....

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Saw this on tv this morn getting dressed for work, I happened to tune in right at the toy section haha.

Too cute

·
Registered
881 Posts
I liked him too, and when I checked the results, its Logan's half brother :D

Also, a tiny claim to fame, the BOB Logan beat a few times when he was shown in America! Go Logie! :hello1: She is a lovely looking bitch :) And another one, the judge gave my basenji a 4th place at the pet plan stakes finals a year ago, so I like that judge :D

Was pleased to see the pug do well in the group, though I think I prefer our British pugs....
Ooooooo yay I didn't read the results properly :) you should of taken Logie :p how comes his brother Designer Genes wasn't there? He is another handsome boy from Rafina!

Looking at those photos then watching the videos I have to say the photos did the winners no justice at all!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ooooooo yay I didn't read the results properly :) you should of taken Logie :p how comes his brother Designer Genes wasn't there? He is another handsome boy from Rafina!

Looking at those photos then watching the videos I have to say the photos did the winners no justice at all!!
Im not sure why Ross wasnt there, but according to my American basenji friends the entries for Westminster are limited to a certain number and its pretty much on a first come first served basis so if you arent quick enough to get the entry in you cant go. Apparently the entries are usually filled within about an hour or so :eek:

Would have cost a small fortune to take Logie back, he's only just got here :D He's qualified for the Eukanuba competition for this year (and last year but it was about a month after he came over lol) so we're thinking about taking him back for that :)

Some of the photos are awful, the breed photo of the Hound Group winner is terrible!! Im used to seeing such perfect, professional photos from the American shows im a bit disappointed with these lol

·
Registered
881 Posts
Im not sure why Ross wasnt there, but according to my American basenji friends the entries for Westminster are limited to a certain number and its pretty much on a first come first served basis so if you arent quick enough to get the entry in you cant go. Apparently the entries are usually filled within about an hour or so :eek:

Would have cost a small fortune to take Logie back, he's only just got here :D He's qualified for the Eukanuba competition for this year (and last year but it was about a month after he came over lol) so we're thinking about taking him back for that :)

Some of the photos are awful, the breed photo of the Hound Group winner is terrible!! Im used to seeing such perfect, professional photos from the American shows im a bit disappointed with these lol
Awww how do u qualify for the Eukanuba comp? I think we should have photos taken of the breed winners like they have, would love to have one of pez lol would need to win BOB first haha

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I checked...only the first 5 are invitation & are the top 5 ranked nationally. Other than that you must be a CH to enter, and the # of entries is limited.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Awww how do u qualify for the Eukanuba comp? I think we should have photos taken of the breed winners like they have, would love to have one of pez lol would need to win BOB first haha
Dogs automatically qualify for the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship by meeting any one of the following criteria:

* Dogs ranked in the top 25 of their breed (by breed points only) at the end of the qualifying
period (1 Year)
* Dogs receiving an all - breed Best in Show at an AKC show held during the qualifying period (1Year)
* Dogs winning Best of Breed at a parent club national specialty* (1 Year)
* Dogs completing their championship with all points earned from the bred-by-Exhibitor Class during the current and prior Qualifying periods of October 10, 2006 to October 7, 2008 (2 Years)
* The seven top breed winning dogs from over 60 International Registries and the Best of Breed and Best of Opposite Sex to Best of Breed winners from Crufts (2 Years)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
LOTS of Hope colored (cream) babies in the SC category! My girls have very SCRAWNY necks compared to those dogs. I know it is the standard but there were some dogs with seriously thick necks!

Fun to see these. Thanks for the links!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks so much for posting this! I watched the toy group last night with only the two chis in it. It so neat to see all of them!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Oh Thanks for posting. I just tuned to watch the Best In Show. They just brought in Paolo Dondina to judge Best In Show. They said he will be judging Best In Show at Crufts also...

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Scottish deer hound won, not my choice :-( Of course my choice would have been a chi

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm really not a fan of those deerhound or wolfhound dogs, I don't know what the judges like about them. I'm in love with the italian greyhounds <3

1 - 20 of 29 Posts