Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned in another thread I'm going to wait until Kira has had her first heat before she's spayed because she has a slightly recessed vulva but I'm wondering when will she go into heat?
She turned 8 months old on the feb 1st and no sign of anything yet.

Shouldn't she have had a cycle by now?

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
A girl chihuahua can go into heat anywhere from 6 months to a year. for there first, some are late bloomers. Dont worry it will come soon, enough and then you'll wish it away.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Bella's happened at about 7 months, whereas Libby was about 8 or 9. They had totally different heats too. Bella's seemed heavy and lasted a while, whereas Libby barely bled at all and it lasted a very short amount of time.. Not for sure what is exactly normal??

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your replies

A girl chihuahua can go into heat anywhere from 6 months to a year. for there first, some are late bloomers.
She seems to have grown so quick and got her teeth in all at once so I guess I expected she's be quick to get her first heat. I guess I thought 6-7 months was 'just' when was going to happen, suprise to me lol.

Dont worry it will come soon, enough and then you'll wish it away
LOL, I know I always wished mine away ;)

I've heard as late as 14 months...you may have a wait ahead of you yet, but my guess is it will be soon
The old familiar hurry up and wait game, I hope it's sooner rather than later.

Bella's happened at about 7 months, whereas Libby was about 8 or 9. They had totally different heats too. Bella's seemed heavy and lasted a while, whereas Libby barely bled at all and it lasted a very short amount of time.. Not for sure what is exactly normal??
I hope it's a quick one, I wish she could avoid it all together.

I had wondered about this too. My little baby Tallie just turned 7 months today. She has not had a heat yet
We wait together lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
My little marley went into her first heat in between 6 and 7 months.. it lasted probably about 3 to 4 weeks all together she wasnt bleeding the whole time! Now she is getting spayed next week & im sooooo nervous

1 - 7 of 7 Posts