Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just wanted to know as Tulula is now 6 months, she is still quite small and i hope she stays that way.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
My sweetie Oakley stopped growing around 6 months. She was 3.1ish lbs then, and is still around 3.2 or 3.3 at 9 months. She has filled out just a tish, but not much. As far as her height and length go, that hasn't changed since about 6 months or maybe closer to 5. I expect Oakley will fill out very slowly and probably top out around 3.5 lbs when she is 17 or 18 months, but who knows. =)

LOL, its funny, because she was really much closer to 2.6 lbs up til 6 months, but she had one final little growth spurt right before (which made me think she might be much bigger! but I guess I was wrong).

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Usually the skeletal frame is complete by 6 to 8 months and then they will fill out until about 18 months or so, I have known some that have another bit of a weight gain around 3 yrs.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Brothers and sisters can vary a bit in size but wow Billy is just a lovely little size! I hope the boy i keep from Hope doesnt get any bigger then him :) lol x

Yoshismum's information sounds right :) x

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Usually the skeletal frame is complete by 6 to 8 months and then they will fill out until about 18 months or so, I have known some that have another bit of a weight gain around 3 yrs.
Daisy better grow a lot over the next couple of months then ha ha!!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I rescued Tango at 7 months, and he was 2 lbs 4 ozs. His adult/mature weight is 3 lbs 8 ozs, so he gained over a pound from 7 months on. Like the others said though, he didn't really get much longer or taller, he just filled out and got heavier. His chest rounded, shoulders expanded, even his thighs became more muscular. He was under-nourished too when I rescued him, fed absolute crap food, neglected, not well taken care of at all, so I'm sure he did some catching up.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I rescued Tango at 7 months, and he was 2 lbs 4 ozs. His adult/mature weight is 3 lbs 8 ozs, so he gained over a pound from 7 months on. Like the others said though, he didn't really get much longer or taller, he just filled out and got heavier. His chest rounded, shoulders expanded, even his thighs became more muscular. He was under-nourished too when I rescued him, fed absolute crap food, neglected, not well taken care of at all, so I'm sure he did some catching up.
bless him, he is looking well now

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
bless him, he is looking well now
Yeah, thanks, he's very healthy. With the exception of his dental situation (which we're thinking must be genetic because I take very good care of his teeth) he's in excellent shape, a completely different dog from the sickly, fragile, thin little thing with flaky skin, patchy hair and weepy eyes. BIG difference! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts