Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lola has her second lot of jabs coming up soon ,and even tho she is the teeniest little baby ive ever seen, i was wondering how long after the 2nd jabs everyone waits before taking their pups for a walk?
i know its soo tempting to put her in a bag and carry her but it would be nice to let her walk a little too so she feels like a dog haha

·
Registered
235 Posts
I can't help with what time for the first walk, however just don't be fooled by her size she might be able to walk for ages once she gets use to it. Because Diamond's 7 months now and he can walk for about 2 miles and his still not tired even im tired and want to sleep his still hyper. Lol :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha yes shes full of energy even more than her larger brother , it is fun tho watching them zoom around the room together :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't know. I took Bandit out immediately without any thought to what he might catch. I got lucky and all went well.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
you dont actually have to wait till the second one! you can walk them after the first jab! as that protects them against the most common ones and the second the very rare so you can walk her now! and you can walk her at any age :) x

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I always walked mine straight after their second jab, tulula's hates walking but when she gets going she can walk for miles, and teddy has been on a couple of runs with hubby and keeps up, he loves it. Minnie can walk a few miles. So get little one on a lead.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I waited till one week after Sugars second shot to walk her as that's wat my breeder told me to do, but that cud be being extra careful I dunno!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I actually waited to walk Audrey outside till after all her vaccinations. Parvo is super strong here and with her being a rescue and leaving mom dog early/ being so tiny, I just thought it best to wait.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
From almost day 1 I walked my dogs up and down my driveway. It's never too early to start, you can also do up and down a hallway inside to beging with.

Your vet should advise you on when you can take her out to 'high traffic areas' such as dog parks after her 2nd shot. My vet said 1 week but check what your vet is comfortable with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts