Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Read Only
1,949 Posts
Lion was 7 months old when I brought Penny home. During the car ride home, he didn't want anything to do with her. A few days later they were the best of friends!

The first day we had her, Lion would only sniff her and growl.

Best friends now:)

· Read Only
1,949 Posts
Oh, how sweet! That 2nd pic makes me feel like I need to run out and get Axel a little buddy immediately! Was Lion a good big brother training wise or was it distracting to have him there when you were trying to show Penny the right thing to do? Also do you feel like your house is overrun with dogs having 2? Is it easy to get out and about with them when your are trying to keep an eye on 2?
As far as training goes, I feel like it was easier for me to socialize Penny because I just carried her when I took Lion on walks every day. He was reliably potty trained before we got her, but I don't think that made a difference in her potty training. Some say that the new dog will copy the first dog and be easier to potty train but that wasn't the case here.

I live in a tiny apartment (650 sq ft) and no, I don't feel overrun at all! It is actually the opposite because they keep each other entertained most of the day. I walk them together on two separate leashes and they behave pretty well. I do walk them at least 2X per day since I live in such a small space and I want them to get enough exercise.

I would say a 2nd dog has made Lion much happier... I don't feel as bad leaving him alone when I have to go to school. I am glad I didn't buy a 2nd dog right away though( I got Lion at 3 months, so we didn't have Penny for another 4), as I had time to train Lion and enjoy him being a puppy before I had to jump right into training another.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.