Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s really weird…Lizzie is 3 month old now, and she never barks…
(I am not complaining, it’s great), but is it normal?
My yorkie started to bark at age 7 weeks, at 3 month he already barked non-stop.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Gizmo is 4 months now and he's been barking for quite awhile, at ten weeks or so..he use to bark at himself in a mirror. lol He doesnt bark all the time, never when someone comes in but just at silly things, like a dancing snowman we have here, playing around or when he wants a treat or something he thinks he can have..

·
Registered
919 Posts
It's hard to remember. Maybe about 4 months. She was very quiet up to then, until she decided to let me know if a squirrel is around. They are always around...

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Carl didn't bark until like 4 months, and even then he didn't bark much.
Now he's a barking machine ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
We got Teenie when he was 11 months old and he didn't bark then. We were convinced he would never bark and even wondered if the previous owners removed his voice box. I think this is cruel, but they do it alot around here. He was over a year when he finally barked and we all ran outside to see him bark. lol He has no problem barking now.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I got Lucky and Buster when they were both older so they were already barking. But Mr. Peepers didn't bark until he was like 8 months old. :shock: I thought he would never bark :lol: but he did. :)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
It took a long time for both my girls to start barking. At first we were in love with the sound of their voices......at first anyway. Maggie isn't really bad but Shiver will bark at any and everything.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I loved Mr. Peepers bark too, puppy barks are the cutest :love5:

My boys all bark for different reasons. Mr. Peepers barks when he sees a stranger, Buster barks when he sees people he knows (or even hears their car pull up :lol:) and doesn't stop until they give him lovings :lol: Lucky barks at strange stuff like the vacuum and some songs. :lol:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Great question! I got Chico at 6 weeks and the first day he was resting in his wicker crate on his blankie in the sun by the open front door. It was middle of December and we were having a warm sunny day in Phoenix. I'm working at my computer and I hear a bird squeak. I didn't recognize the sound though! We have lots of birds here that squeak and peep and squawk and make odd sounds like the grackle. Turns out it was Chico making the bird noises. Now he has a bark that's deeper than both my Poodles. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
*krista* said:
Yoshi didn't bark at all until I taught her to speak, and then she fell in love with the sound of her voice ;)
Whiskey didn't bark hardly at all until I taught him to sing, and even now he doesn't bark a lot but instead he has fallen in love with the sound of his howl, he will sing, and whine if he wan'ts a treat, or wants to go to bed, since he won't until I do... if he's on the bed, and wants down or vice versa, since it's a high bed ... lol Last night I was up late putting the finishing touches on the Christmas presents, and he sat by me the whole time and whimpered, his little eyes kept drifting shut...he was tired but wouldn't go to bed unless I did. Our canine friends can be so precious sometimes. :D

D.B

·
Registered
450 Posts
Corky's first bark was at 8 weeks old. It was such a little bark it sounded like a wimper like he hurt himself - it was cute back then! He was never much of a barker until we got Lizzy. We got Lizzy at 6 months old and Corky was 12 months when we got her. Corky is more laid back and Lizzy is a little more high strung. She barks at every noise and then Corky joins in. We can usually get them to simmer down quickly! However, I am glad that Lizzy is attentive to noises in case there was an intruder or something.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My angel Nubia rearly barks (she's 7 months now). Sometimes if she hears something outside she 'buffs' a bit but that is it really.. Very nice to atleast have ONE who's quiet!

Teddy and Chilli on the other hand... :rolleyes: Teddy barks to get his way, and Chilli barks to protect 'her' property (as in our proporty) hehe.. As do Shadow, But Chilli's bark is soul - cracking loud!

I have started to use a little squirtbottle with water and now she stops whan ever I get it. She does not like to get wet!:D

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You may wish you never asked that question because one of my dogs didn't bark at all untill she was over 14 months and I used to tell people smuggly she was the quietest dog ever NOW she barks the most of all my dogs and it is the loudest bark you ever heard. I wish I'd kept my big mouth shut and just enjoyed the peace. Ha Ha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts