Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do lc puppies start to lose their puppy fur? Teddy is 4 months now and is losing his puppy fluff, no longer looks like a hamster lol. Just wondering how long it will take for his adult hair to come through as he is abit patchy, but still very cute. Many thanks:)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I really only have Mari to compare to--because all LC lines grow at different rates. Even different puppies can grow at different rates. But I'm thinking by 6-7mo Teddy should be getting some good growth to his coat. Lulu is in the process of loosing her fluff as well (she is 20 weeks). She kept hers for quite a bit longer than Mari did--by 20 weeks Mari looked like a SC. haha Mari had a nice coat by 7mo. Lulu's adult coat seems to be getting length on her spine where it appeared first so I dunno...she may be a quick one too. Some don't get a good coat until after a year. It's just apart of these wonderful packages of guessing all the time. ;) It's easy to see Lulu's new coat because it's coming in cream as opposed to her white fluff. But she will have white markings so I'm not sure exactly what they'll be like until all her fluff is gone....

Anyway, have fun in the waiting game! haha I'm sure Teddy is just as cute as always!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, yes he still is very cute. He has his adult coat down his spine already and his tail, we call it his go faster stripe lol, we would of liked him to stay our fluffy monkey for a bit longer

·
Registered
149 Posts
He is adorable as a hamster ;) Ein has her "stipe" and her long hair on her tail too. But she didn't start out fuzzy. She's closing in on 6 months and has started growing long neck fur. Poor baby has a mullet. I think she'll be one that grows her full coat after a year. I hope your Teddy gets his in sooner!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I think the spine is just where they loose/get it first--but I like your name for it! LOL I know what you mean...I loved Lulu's fluffy puppy coat--she was so full. But now that it's starting to go I've been taking our old dull furminator to her to help it come out so her adult coat grows in quicker (in theory it sounds good! Haha). I'm so curious to see what her adult coat will look like now. Hate the waiting!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts