Chihuahua People Forum banner

What am I?

2K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  nabi 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I just joined this site because of of a wonderful little stray dog that came into my life a week ago. We were told by the vet that he's about 9 months old, and is a chihuahua/terrier mix. However, I found a couple of pictures of long-haired chihuahuas that sort of look like him, too. I'm posting a picture so that anyone can weigh in and tell me if I what I have here is a long-haired chi -- or, if you think he's a mix, tell me what you think he's mixed with.

Thanks,
Lara

#4 ·
Yeah, he doesn't quite look like a textbook lh chi -- I was thinking that since he's a puppy still, maybe he'll get the fluffy ears going as he gets older. Also, we're in Miami, so he doesn't exactly need to grow the thickest coat . . .

CooperChi said:
He looks like a chihuahua to me, he has a fluffy tail like a lh, but I don't see a lot of fluff behind his ears and on his legs. But I am definatley not an expert! lol Whatever he may be, he is darn cute!!!! :D

#14 ·
He was between 6 and 7 pounds when the vet weighed him last week, and rough measurements were 11 inches from front of chest to rump, 9 inches from top of shoulder to the ground, and 14 inches from top of head to ground.

He's a real sweetheart so far -- super cuddly, etc.

Fizzys mum said:
What a fantastic looking lad .. :) :)

How big is he , any ideas what he weighs ? & his height :)

#15 ·
Totally likely that he was underfed, as we found him running around stray a few blocks from where we live -- it's really sad that someone let him go, because he's such a sweetheart. Vet estimated him at about 8 months.

Thanks for replying!

Ozzy&Lily'sMom said:
100% LH chi - I would say based on his coat growth that he was either underfed or is a little less than 9 m onths more like 7 months :wave:

#17 ·
He looks chi to me. Long coats go through stages. I've even heard some say their long coat chi had bald spots while the hair was coming in and/or changing. He may not be fluffy on his rear for that reason or because of the climane you live in.

Also, I don't like to overgeneralize, but you said he's cuddly. Chis are typically cuddly. Terriers are super (I had one for many many years) but they're not really known as big cuddlers.

He's beautiful either way. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.