Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ladies, thinking caps on please. I just came across these and thought they looked rather interesting, tried to do a google search but could find nothing remotely like them.

Has anyone ever seen these, anything that is the same but goes by a different name perhaps. I want to know how they work, see videos of what they do & how the dog copes with them etc. How many do you need - the seller's description is appalling to say the least but what an amazing concept, well the one that I've got in my head is at any rate - my imaginings may be completely wrong .... check this out ...

Walk O Long | eBay

· Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooh you clever thing you - that's definitely it.

I must say, I'm really impressed with it for kids with problems, disabilities etc. what a wonderful thing it truly is! However, I can't see me being interested in it for pet use as per the ebay auction I came across ....

Here's the website, brilliant if you know someone who has a child who would benefit: The Walk-O-Long

· Premium Member
5,285 Posts
If your dog has arthiritis, say in the back legs, and unable to walk or walk well enough to go outside and potty I *think* this wraps around the chest and you can help them walk by holding them up enough to take the pressure of the injury or surgery limb.
sorta like this....
Support RX Sling for Dogs | Dog Sling Harnesses at Doolittle's Pet Products

but I may be totally off base ........ :)

· Premium Member
12,294 Posts
You're right Jan,when Simba had his stroke and had to be carried everywhere the vet said get a large bath towel and put under him and hold both ends,this will take the pressure of his legs and make it easier for him to get up the stairs etc

· Registered
3,126 Posts
You're right Jan,when Simba had his stroke and had to be carried everywhere the vet said get a large bath towel and put under him and hold both ends,this will take the pressure of his legs and make it easier for him to get up the stairs etc
Michele, I was going to say the same thing! When I was working for a veterinarian, I helped a lot with ambulatory work and we often used a rolled up bath towel to basically make a sling; that depending on where the dog was weak, could go under the chest or right in front of the back legs. We'd use them to walk the dogs out to go potty who'd had surgery; and they were always really helpful. That Walk-O-Long thing looks pretty neat though; thanks for sharing. I'll have to bookmark that next time I come across a rescue who might benefit from it!!

· Registered
5,822 Posts
That reminds me of child leashes! I live close to Orlando and go to Disney a lot. They are there all the time. Children are literally leashed to their parents- that attach to the child's waist, wrist, or a backpack that the child wears. A lot like this thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.