Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was looking at my jamoka's age ticker and i noticed that he's 9 months now!!! man time sure does fly! but anyway i was thinking what am I going to do to let him know he's the greatest dog in the world!

I was just thinking cooking him the best T bone stake and getting him some doggie ice cream. It's too bad you all are so farrrrrr, i would have had a b day party for him. i don't know any close chi's to have a party :cry: IDEA! you guys should move to maryland :wink: Jamoka and Jemini would love it!lol

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
we make cookies and cupcakes for our dogs, its not good for them but it is only once a year (that is for our lab and mix) for scoot.. lots of new toys and clothes.. andf a new bed, and treats.. until his mommy is allll broke

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper will be 3 in November and he'll have a birthday party in the park with all his doggy friends. I make a cake from a recipe I found on a yorkie site and all the pups have some, of course. (Humans can eat it too; it's essentially a banana cake.) I also make doggy treats and buy some toys (usually the ones in the on-sale bins) and we make "doggy bags" for all the party-goers to take home with them. We make sure we take the dogs' sizes into account as well... we wouldn't want our dalmation friend to end up with a little tiny cat toy! How offensive would that be??

We also have games at the party where we see who comes to momma the fastest, who brings back the ball the fastest and who can sit in momma's lap the longest - everyone gets a prize, of course. That is usually a gift certificate to the Groovy Dog Bakery in Austin.

And who says our chis aren't good substitutes for human children? LOL

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Marcus will have his first birthday in 40 days and he will have a cake and toys and a new blanket and a trip to Petco to see if anything strikes his fancy. He will be going to the park with his three best friends, Dakota, and Ralph and Max (2 dachshound brothers) where they will have cake and treats and play.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cooper said:
Cooper will be 3 in November and he'll have a birthday party in the park with all his doggy friends. I make a cake from a recipe I found on a yorkie site and all the pups have some, of course. (Humans can eat it too; it's essentially a banana cake.) I also make doggy treats and buy some toys (usually the ones in the on-sale bins) and we make "doggy bags" for all the party-goers to take home with them. We make sure we take the dogs' sizes into account as well... we wouldn't want our dalmation friend to end up with a little tiny cat toy! How offensive would that be??

We also have games at the party where we see who comes to momma the fastest, who brings back the ball the fastest and who can sit in momma's lap the longest - everyone gets a prize, of course. That is usually a gift certificate to the Groovy Dog Bakery in Austin.

And who says our chis aren't good substitutes for human children? LOL

see i wish i could do all that , theres a place in MD that holds b -days but you have to have 10 or more dogs! so you guys just let me know when your comeing so i can make my b day list!

LOL j/k it's his b day is nov 15th. i'm going to go to the park with this little chi' she is soo cute she's about 4lbs. i met her mom on MD meet up so i talked to her and were going to have something in the park for him :D . I woke him up and told him he just rolled back over and went back to sleep so i came here to tell you guys

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Fizzy's birthday is this Thursday :D we are going over the park with a few doggie friends for a run & dog treats :)

( but, i'm feeling guility as in the afternoon , we are going away to a rock festival so fizzy is having his nanny & grandad to stay with him , bless him I'm gonna miss him so much :( )

·
Registered
60 Posts
a friend of mine has doggie friends over and wraps denta bones and greenies in a few layers of tissue paper and lets him open them. he goes absolutely nuts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Jazzy will be 1 year old on September 11. I'm going to bake her a cake - in fact it sounds like it might be the same cake Cooper's mom is baking. :D Plus I'll probably be making some homemade treats as well.

Jazzy is getting a new bed for her birthday, and some new toys and treats. We will be going to the park with my daughter's 3 mini-doxies, so they should have a blast.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
This will surprise everyone... I don't do anything special for Lily's birthday. :shock: There are a several reasons for this:

1. I don't celebrate birthdays in general, either mine or anyone else's. My family doesn't celebrate birthdays or holiday in any way. Yes, I'm aware of how weird that is but I've learned to live with it. :D
2. Lily never likes any treats I buy so I've stopped buying them.
3. She already has tons of clothes that I buy or make for her year round.
4. If I make her something yummy to eat it will probably give her an upset tummy, diarrhea, loose poops or all of these.

So that is why I don't do anything special for her birthday except to give her even more hugs and smooches than usual and to tell her about a gazillion more times how much I adore her. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts