Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All!
Dazy & Riddles are now 13 weeks and very healthy. When I first got Dazy she looked like she would be white and cream but the cream has deepened to a very odd color. Is it still considered cream? I can only leave this up to you pros. :)
Here's a few clikable pics:

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I would say she's a cream spotted on white. Lovely color. She may continue to darken as she gets older, but I'd still class her as a cream unless she gets very dark and then I'd say she's a sable.

·
Registered
355 Posts
It's almost taupe, isn't it? What a beautiful soft color - she'll be able to wear absolutely anything and look fabulous!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Tango isn't fully white. He has several patches of what look like the exact same shade as your dog, just not as big. He's got a couple patches on his back and a spot on his tail.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, it just an odd color.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
It is such a stunning color!
I think it is a sort of grey/cream color

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Because I cannot trust my screen resolution, it is hard to say. Perhaps white with cream spots or cream with fawn spots as Tracy suggests. I have attached a link to AKC colors to give you a start. American Kennel Club - Breed Colors and Markings
If you are already familiar, I apologize.

I hear people tell me that their chihuahua is AKC platinum (or sterling) or my vet had Hope marked as blonde the other day (she is cream) on her recovery kennel. A lot of people are unaware of actual color names and the made up ones always make me giggle.

Whatever color you decide, I call your babies darling!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts