Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any one could tell me what color my new babies are considered to be? My Baby girl Keela had 5 puppies on the 23rd.. She wasn't due untill Oct. 29th.. so she was a bit early.. We had 4 boys and one tiny baby girl..She only weighed 2 1/2 oz.. when born.. she didn't even make it through the night. We even tube fed her..She appeared to weak to nurse or suck from a bottle.. We worked with her first before going to vet that night.
All the boys are doing great.. But I keep trying to research what color two of the boys are considered.. I'll post pics here and maybe someone can help me with that.. Thanks in advance!!

Rinksgal

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Hi And Welcome. :wave:
Congrats on the new puppy's. :) I'm sorry that your baby girl didn't make it. :(

I'm looking forward to see pictures of all your babies. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oppppppssss I forgot to post the pics..

Heres the pics of the pups I hope anyways! Ha!

Here's the cream colored dad Sir Dinky Rink (Rinks)

and heres the black mommy, Rinks Tequila Rose (Keela)

Well I hope this worked!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Based on the photos above I would say that the puppies are as follows:

Puppy 1: Looks to be a cream with fawn highlights or will be light fawn (hard to say 100% as pigments can change in the first few weeks/months) but both coat colors are close to each other - just don't know if the fawn will become more prevalent as the pup ages or not.

Puppy 2: Red Sable

Puppy 3: Taking a leap here but I think that one is black? hehe

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Puppy 1 is probably going to be a very pale red possibly with white socks (because they currently look pink)

Puppy 2 will probably end up cream

Puppy 3 will probably be red

Puppy 4 is definately going to be black with white socks. (LOL, this one was the easiest to guess! )

Big congratulations by the way!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New puppies

I wanted to say thanks to everyone for your thoughts on this..because I have been searching the net to try and find out what color they are.. I've gotten anything from sand, fawn, red, sable...I've been so confused.. but I think they are grogeous..All of them.. Of course we like the black one cause mommy looks like him..and the cream one because he looks like daddy did when he was young.. but the other two we just love cause they are different.. I'll have to post some more pics when they get a little older.. I know its gonna be awfully hard to get rid of any of them!! I already have a really nice lady I work with that wants one.. but I won''t let her come and see them until they are older.. plus I was hoping maybe one of my family members would want one or one of our good friends.. My step daughter she helped me with their delivery and she wants us to keep them all! ha! I sleep right beside the cage every night just to make sure everything is ok.. Of course the mom didn't want anything to do with the whelping box...Needless to say I feel like a new mommy along with the sleepless nights.. but I love every bit of it!!

Thanks!

p.s. Yeah I think that one just might be black with white socks! haha

Rinksgal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts