Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I love these threads lol.)

These are two of my friend's chis. The first two are Monroe and she is 8 months old. Those are not tear stains! She is so gorgeous. I want to steal this girl!

This is Lily and she is just over 7 weeks.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Im not good at this! I think Lily looks to be some color of sable and Monroe is a dilute something... there are just SO many colors and variations of colors in chis. Im sure someone else can answer. I really just answered to ask for your friends address so I can sneak over and steal Monroe!!!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
They are lovely. The color looks in the lavender family to me.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Chocolate sable :) she's def choc coz her nose is chic so yes she's a dilute colour you can see a darker patch of sabeling on the side

The puppy will prob be the same just a lighter version

Lotus has rings round her eyes too but in that pic Monroe has tear staining on top u can see underneath but it's not bad a babywipe would totally wipe that off!! She has a little around her mouth but its more yeast staining my friends yorke gets that really bad!!

Nice dog tho!!
Lotus gets like that when she eats I think she's so happy she cries lol

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're not tear stains, but they do look like it.

Thanks everyone I've passed everything along!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Ha, shows how much I know.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Munroe is gorgeous, I will tell you though, those are tear stains, just because they're around her whole eye doesn't mean they are not. Tear staining can come in different "shapes and sizes" lol. But anyway, that aside, she's beautiful.

I would call her a "wolf-sable". She looks Lavender/Blue to me, too, but I have also noticed that dif. computer screens make dogs different colors so she may be more of a chocolate. Her nose looks blue to me too on this screen but I will have another look from another screen.

One thing is for sure...she is very unique!

The puppy looks more of a blue fawn to me...but its SO hard to tell when they are that young as they can change color 3 or 4 times before they have their adult coat. The wolf sable isn't an actual "color" but you'll here breeders use it from time to time, as they do pop up here and there.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My friend insists they aren't tear stains because she's had numerous groomers and vets check them out. No amount of cleaning makes them budge, she says. lol whatever though! Also she was born with them.

I'll pass this on :)

I'm going to find another pic to post of Monroe's whole body. She said she doesn't think she is sable because she's more one solid color.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
My friend insists they aren't tear stains because she's had numerous groomers and vets check them out. No amount of cleaning makes them budge, she says. lol whatever though!

I'll pass this on :)
IF she REALLY wants to find out, she can put the pup on Angel's Eyes for 3 months. If they are tear stains, that will clear them up. It is POSSIBLE the pup is a lavender/blue tri-colour, but even still, that's the reddish color of tear stains not of the tan/fawn color you'd see in a tri.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Shes crazy they are soooo tear stains...she didn't have that coloring there as a puppy at all? If the color was other places on her body they might be coloring, but I really think its staining. Staining doesn't look the same for every pup at all :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IF she REALLY wants to find out, she can put the pup on Angel's Eyes for 3 months. If they are tear stains, that will clear them up. It is POSSIBLE the pup is a lavender/blue tri-colour, but even still, that's the reddish color of tear stains not of the tan/fawn color you'd see in a tri.
She wants to know what Angel's Eyes is.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Its a very low dosage of an antibiotic (you buy it over the counter, though, at some pet shops, or online) that is very safe when used for 3-4 months. I wouldn't use it for longer than that but once the tear stains are cleared up, it will be easier to wash her eyes daily to prevent more bacteria from growing. Tear stains are caused by bacteria and essentially the angel's eyes stuff makes it no longer possible for the bacteria to continue to grow. The 3-4 months is to allow it to work, AND to let the old stained hair grow out. It's not an instant fix, but it's an effective one.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'd say Blue Fawn with cream markings, from what I can tell anyway.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I would also tell your friend to check her dog food. If it has beet pulp in it, get her off of it, as that can cause tear staining. She's really a cutie!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She said she can't get it in the UK without a prescription.

Also, no beet pulp.

Any other guesses on color? :) She'd feel better if people were agreeing on one thing.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I would say that monroe is blue fawn and lily's colour will change. She is almost the same colour as my boy perry at that age (he was a little darker in places) but he is fawn and white now.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Angel eyes is illegal here we aren't allowed to use it!

You can see the crusting of the stains I think with a daily application of a topical cleaner they will go she does have different fur colouring around the eyes but the redness is staining as is the redness around her mouth it looks like yeast causing the problem to me I used a pre made raw that had brewers yeast in it and my girls got staining I don't use it anymore for that exact reason

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
On my screen they both look to be blue fawn. I'm thinking Lily will fawn out though as she gets in her adult coat. I agree though--those are definitely tear stains as they were not there as a pup. Not sure what kind of food they're on but after we switched to grain free the staining my pups had went away. Also some of the lower quality stuff has different dyes in it as well. But I'm guessing it may be more a grain thing or another specific allergy...

Both pups are beautiful I will add! Monroe...I'd pup nap her in a heart beat! ;) (love her name too...may have to keep that name in my archives for future M pups! hahaha)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts