Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an adorable little man named BlingBling. The breeder registered him blue in AKC. I think he may be lavender? I'm really not sure what color he is. I was wondering what the people here think. Does akc even accept lavender? There was no choice for it on his form. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
He's a beautiful blue, lavender is a made up color by breeders trying to charge more for so called 'rare' colors.

·
Registered
946 Posts
What a cute lil BLUE! Yes, blue:) I have a lil blue guy too, Ziggy. He is lovely. They say the blue's have more chance for skin conditions, but mine has beautiful skin and coat too:D I'm really proud of him (and the rest of my crew) and will one day post pic's when I get the hang of it--lol.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
The others are correct. Precious little blue baby!
Pam is right-no lavender. Except the sweet one on this board who's name is actually Lavender. She is legit! haha!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Looks like the lil nose is chocolate, so I'm not sure what color I'd call him. : )

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
He looks blue to me too. :) My Roo is a chocolate blue. (and has a chocolate nose)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
If I'm not mistaken his dilute/base color has to be Chocolate to have the Chocolate colored nose. Blues have dark Grey/Blue/Black noses. Maybe I'm wrong. :/

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
His nose looks blue to me. Different monitors show colors (reds especially) differently so I guess the only person who can see the color of his nose is the OP. I do know when my blues were getting their pigment in their noses--it had a purple-y or even a more chocolatley look until it got a bit darker. But who knows--maybe his nose is chocolate & my monitor is just showing a more blue hue to the pic making it look blue to me. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
His nose is a chocolate color and his coat has a brownish sheen to it.
Thank you for the compliments! As soon as I saw him, I knew I had to have him. He's a big momma's boy. I can't even go to the bathroom without him. He does like others too though.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
As he ages his Chocolate color will come in better, I'm thinking. : ) He could even turn a Red fawn. My little boy had a lot of that "blue" color to him as a pup, but we knew he would turn either a more chocolate color, or Red fawn due to his nose color. : )

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Beautiful little pup, by the way!!!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
His little pads on his paws give it away too. They appear to be reddish brown. : )

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi arent you the luckey one i love baby bling bling i think his coat is beautiful and his sweet face wins hands down

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
He looks blue-grey, the same color when Bella was a pup. Bella's coat changed into a richer chocolate blue when she turned 1 year old. :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts