Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thinking about getting a little sis for Milou, and came across this lil gal.

She has a very unique coat... at least I have not seen such colours before... what do you think? Is it common? Is it red sable with white, or what? All opinions are welcome. She is about 3 and a half months here, and apparently was all grey before... do you think she will turn all red later? I think I will prefer it, but like it the way she is too.

Katya

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Her colouring is beautiful, and I have no idea of what colour she is but red Sable does seem to fit.

She has a gorgeous face as well

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is actually the puppy I keep on changing my mind about... I see the photo - I like, I watch a video - I do not like her.. I do not know what to do! The breeder is 6 hours drive away from here, but I feel like I can not decide without meeting her. Her mum is husky colour, nice face... not sure about dad, i think he was a stud, but the breeder is good and they have very good references from previous customers who live in Switzerland. So I think I will get in the car and make a 12 hour journey this weekend to make up my mind.

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
This is actually the puppy I keep on changing my mind about... I see the photo - I like, I watch a video - I do not like her.. I do not know what to do! The breeder is 6 hours drive away from here, but I feel like I can not decide without meeting her. Her mum is husky colour, nice face... not sure about dad, i think he was a stud, but the breeder is good and they have very good references from previous customers who live in Switzerland. So I think I will get in the car and make a 12 hour journey this weekend to make up my mind.
If you have doubts, better go and see her before making your mind up :)
Good luck!

x

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Oh, she is so cute. Her colors probably won't change. She has the same coloring as my Coco. Good luck with your decision.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
She is a red sable with white. She may possibly lose some of the black in her coat. It's hard to tell at this age. From viewing the first photo I'm going to say she will lose a lot of the black, but her tail will probably retain quite a bit. The colors are off in the second photo, so I can't judge from that one. And she is an absolute doll!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
She is absolutely gorgeous, but I'm no expert on color. :)

Her mum is husky colour
Not to be a brat but this really drives me crazy. What do people define as "husky colour"? Huskies come in all different colors and patterns. :confused: Sorry, you're certainly not the first person to say this (I even see this on husky forums) but it really gets under my skin for some reason. :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She is absolutely gorgeous, but I'm no expert on color. :)

Not to be a brat but this really drives me crazy. What do people define as "husky colour"? Huskies come in all different colors and patterns. :confused: Sorry, you're certainly not the first person to say this (I even see this on husky forums) but it really gets under my skin for some reason. :(
I am so sorry. :confused: Apologies for my ignorance.:tard: I have only ever seen one husky colour, the same as Dakota.:dontknow:The mother of the lil gal is the same colouring, they even call her "Husky Lady". I am going to read up now on what other colour coats do Huskies have.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Don't feel bad, I see this so much that it bothers me. I don't know why I let it bother me though since it's not really that big a deal...one of my pet peeves I guess, lol. :rolleyes: Seems most people define husky colors as black and white. My sibe is also a black and white. Here's a great website for the many different Siberian husky colors and coat patterns and variations...http://www.huskycolors.com/

The same way Chihuahuas come in every color and coat pattern under the sun, so do huskies. ;) Now you know.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh wow. She looks just like a sable fox.
Yeah, and her name is sly, as in sly fox...

She is growing on me day by day. And I urgently need a sis for Milou, as I will be off to work very soon.

By the way, what is your experience with having 2 bitches, rather than bitch and male. I am hoping that they will get along fine, but have heard from a couple of people that 2 bitches means many bitch fights. Is there any way to know whether they will get on? Milou is quite dominant, from what I have noticed in her behaviour towards other dogs. Really could do with your advise....anyone?

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I have 3 girls, and one boy and they do not ever fight.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
By the way, what is your experience with having 2 bitches, rather than bitch and male. I am hoping that they will get along fine, but have heard from a couple of people that 2 bitches means many bitch fights. Is there any way to know whether they will get on? Milou is quite dominant, from what I have noticed in her behaviour towards other dogs. Really could do with your advise....anyone?
This is just my personal experience with it, and by no means do I have enough experience to call it the standard...plus, my two girls are littermates, which might make a difference.

But...I am constantly having to monitor scuffles. A playful fight can turn into a coup very quickly here, and they're not just snappy towards each other but also with Boo (who quickly submits...maybe because they're pups or maybe because they're girls). Tilly will be chewing on a treat and Pearl will camp out close to her and just shiver, staring at the treat (despite having an identicle one of her own). Her shivering then sets Tilly off and she attacks Pearl to show it's HER treat. Pearl once attacked Boo because he wandered too near a treat she had previously abandoned in favor of another. They constantly growl and fuss over their "spaces." Boo is use to just piling in with other chis...he and Poppet were inseperable. While the girls still desire to snuggle with him, a wrong move by him can set Tilly to grabbig his ear (he freezes) or Pearl to growling. At which point he gets up and leaves, but then usually one of both girls find him again and snuggle up. It's the weirdest thing.

It's not 24/7. I don't want to paint a bleak picture. They play with each other too, and you'll more often than not find them in a warm ball together, sunning themselves on the back of the couch. However, I NEVER had this level of aggression and dominance when I had my two neutered males. It's easily 10 times what I experienced previously. Boo and Poppet would occasionally squabble over a treat, but it never became physical...just a little growling. They NEVER squabbled over spaces. Poppet NEVER tried humping Boo or vice versa (which is another thing I've already seen between the two girls). They would easily eat out of the same bowl with never a care or concern....even if it was wet food or a tasty treat of unseasoned rare steak. I had to monitor and teach the girls that it was unacceptable to fuss at the dinner plate. Pearl and Boo can now eat together, but for a while, she wouldn't even let him near the doggone water bowl while she was there. Tilly prefers to eat by herself. All share a water bowl in harmony now. Nothing has ever gotten ugly but the constant power play is annoying and you get tired of always playing referee...especially if you have a boy (like I do) that just wants peace and quiet.

Oh, and Pearl was just recently spayed at the 6 mos. mark, and Tilly is scheduled for one at the end of this year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts