Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people have different ideas what blue is, i had a persian which was blue, looked blue slate grey in colour like silver blue, ive got a new girl chi which to me looks chocolate but she dose have silver sheen on her coat, breeder i bought her of said she was blue, just interested what people think, i love her anyway no matter what colour she was, ive tried to put photos on this site not very sucsessful

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Zeus is a blue Chi. You can see his picture in my signature. You can also do a search by my username and see multiple pictures that I've posted of Zeus. Hope to see pics of your Chi soon. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have seen lots of darker grey chihuahuas that are considered a "blue color" So I guess their is diffrent shades?

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Ad Information

Category: Dogs

Ad Number: 44733

Date Posted: 28/04/2005

Price: £450

Text of Ad

Two longcoated pedigree chihuahua dog puppies, they are not kc.
Very tiny puppies out of very small parents which can be viewed.
1 dog puppy is blue
1 dog puppy is deep red with a black mask.
They will not be ready to leave our home until 1st week in June.
please telephone 07773 147039 for any more information.
Jo Derbyshire

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
the blue can be anything from a dark slate blue to a light chocolaty blue, ive also found that alot of blues are actualy blue and chocolates (both dilutes) and depending on the blue shade the blue and chocolate can seem to blend together ina self colour with a chocolate sheene in one light and a blue sheen in another.

Vixie is blue sabled, but its difficult to see the blue in the pics as its mostly on the ears and tail tip and she is a dark steel blue (almost a blackish colour) over the red/fawn.
check the flesh blues tend to have a blue/grey tint to their flesh (vixie has a compltely blue belly and inside of ears lol) whereas the chocolates tend to have lighter pinkish flesh.
hope this helps. eitherway you love your puppy and thats all that matters!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks every body for your replys

What colour do you think Bonnie is, chap i bought her of said chocolate blue, when she is out side you can see blue sheen of her, my family think she is solid chocolate, photo is not brill take some more soon

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
she looks a dark black blue (or very dark slate) i odnt see too much chocolate in her coat chotolate would be a dilute tan colour rather than a blue.
gorgeous puppy, gonna have a nice full coat. and rember the coat can change a litle unitll there a year old (especially with longhaireds.)

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just wanted to share this information concerning blue Chihuahuas:

Blue is rare because it is associated with auto-immune problems. True blue dogs, which are actually dilutes, tend to have clumping of white blood cells. This phenomenon is associated with the dilution of pigment. Problems such as Alapecha (hair loss) manifest as a result. While the color may be pretty and it can be healthy, it is generally difficult to retain health when dealing with true blues. Most dogs that are called blue are actually due to the G series, the graying gene, and a gray and blue can look alike, phenotypically, but real blues, dilutes (which are found in doberman and chihuahuas), are subject to the health problems that go with the color. Blue Chihuahuas are not something you want to pay "Extra" for.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
great info blue moonz ive copied to post somewhere else on the forum too someone who is getting a pup of parents where mom is blue and merle gene and dad has blue gene and throws blue pups, I didnt think these 2 should be bred together so have told her to look into it with breeders on here etc but I will post that info out of interest too :wave:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts