Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, I have attached a pic of my chi...Maisy, she is 18months old, i was just wondering what colout she is. i know shes not classed as black because i can see lots of brown in her, and her eyes are brown...(not that i think that makes a difference lol) I was just wondering if she is a specific colour with a name, or she is just a black/brown.

thankyou to every one who takes the time to read this.

Tammy x

ps. i didnt know how to get my photo on this page with my text, so i have had to attach it, i hope you can open it ok.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Hmmm... she looks like she'd be classified as black w/ white markings. I don't see any brown. There is one color type called "seal" where it looks black in most lighting but reflects brown in the sunlight; but I don't know if that name/color is found in chihuahuas. And I think I've only seen "seal" in short coat dogs.

Example: here's 2 Boston Terriers. Both look fairly similar in normal indoor lighting. But outside, you can clearly tell the one on the right reflects brown (even though the fur itself is not considered chocolate.)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
My Delilah looks black inside, but in pictures or in sunlight, she is brown. Her color is a dark chocolate color.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
What a gorgeous baby :D
To me, judging from the photo Maisy is black w white markings

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
You have a beautiful baby!

Wow I did not realize there were so many colors for Chihuahuas!

I was researching colors yesterday actually trying to figure out what Jaxx was because he is tan and has the brown nose and toenails but he also has some black or very dark chocolate in him on his back and his face.

The colors for the AKC are quite confusing.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Wow I did not realize there were so many colors for Chihuahuas!

I was researching colors yesterday actually trying to figure out what Jaxx was because he is tan and has the brown nose and toenails but he also has some black or very dark chocolate in him on his back and his face.

The colors for the AKC are quite confusing.
I was wondering the same thing about Holly. I thought she was tan lol, but apparently that isn't on the list. The person I got her from listed her as white, but she has darkened a bit and is darker in areas, mostly on the top of her body.

I know this picture has already been seen, but it shows her coloring off well.

So, what color is she?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts