Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finn is acting weird today and he also did this one other morning recently.
He won't eat his breakfast! He just stays in there to guard it from the other dogs but isn't eating it. He always eats it right away normally. He also pooped ALOT and some of it is *ahem* mucousy. There is a yellowish tan bit of mucus on some of it. (sorry if i grossed you all out.) I don't like seeing him act like this, makes me all worried. :( Other than that he looks and acts perfectly normal.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Oh poor little Finn,he doesn't want his food and he doesn't want anybody else to have it,maybe withold his food for today,sometimes mine get it when they've probably eaten something they shouldn't

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Michele, he is eating it slowly. It's partially gone and he is getting individual pieces and bringing them in another room to chew. lol
He did this sat. morn I believe it was and i thought it was due to going out to potty in the snow. He and leila went out and there was quite a bit of snow on the ground and he lingered a bit longer than she did but acted as if the snow didn't bother him. But then he just sat out there under the kids' playset and cried with his wee paw in the air.:rolleyes: so naturally i ran out and scooped him up and carried him back. I thought he was just upset due to "cold feet" lol
He can be a diva and moody at times. But i'm more concerned about the poo issue really.
Poor winston couldn't even walk into the kitchen that day to get a drink of water. Finn was like a wild beast growling at him (protecting his food dish). I think winston was a bit scared. :laughing8: Boy when they say chi's are fearless they aint kidding.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
My Finn is also a very temperamental eater. He takes forever to eat as well. I sort of--for now anyway--solved the problem by making a big deal when he finishes his breakfast and dinner. I screech "Oh good boy!" while he hops around like a bunny, so proud of himself. I'm glad I don't have neighbors to hear me.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
try pumpking
I will check to see if i have some.I usually do. Thanks! :)
My Finn is also a very temperamental eater. He takes forever to eat as well. I sort of--for now anyway--solved the problem by making a big deal when he finishes his breakfast and dinner. I screech "Oh good boy!" while he hops around like a bunny, so proud of himself. I'm glad I don't have neighbors to hear me.
Well he never does this this is like the 2nd or 3rd time EVER so it is cause for some concern. :(
Oh I know what you mean about acting silly. ;) I am so beyond caring by now. Everyone that knows me already knows i'm nuts.!! ;) Especially about my dogs. lol

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I also agree with the pumpkin--I use Nummy Tummy organic for dogs. I have no idea if "pumpkin for dogs" makes a difference, but it works for my old Chi.

Our Pure Pumpkin products are made from the best organic pumpkin available. We start with clean, sound, properly matured vegetables. We use the safest and best processing techniques to produce these super smooth purees. Suggested serving size is 1 tablespoon per 10 lbs weight as a daily food supplement. Use Nummy Tum Tum on top of food, or as a treat on its own. Our pumpkin and sweet potato are high in Vitamin A and fiber, helping to support healthy digestion. Pet parents use Nummy Tum Tum uner the direction of their veterinarian as a food supplement, digestive aid, and tummy soother. The fiber in Nummy Tum Tum products absorbs moisture and also keeps your pet's food moving through their digestive tract - - that's why vets will recommend these purees for both diarrhea and constipation. Pet parents have found many other uses for Nummy Tum Tum products. The stress ofadjustment to a new food can be soothed by Nummy Tum Tum purees, and Pure Pumpkin is a popular choice for weight loss. By replacing a portion of dry food with Pure Pumpkin, you incorporate the low calorie, flavorful, and filling properties of pumpkin into your pet's diet. Cats also enjoy Nummy Tum Tum - and pumpkin will even help with hairballs.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Keep an eye on his poopoo after trying pumpkin, and let us knows how it goes.
You only need to add a spoon to his meal, I use this one...works like a charm.
It smells amazing, makes me want some!

it's the Pumpkin DS...
Fruitables® Pet Food - Official Site

Hope little Finn feels better soon, keep us updated please.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Aww, I'm so sorry Finn isn't feeling well. I hope
the pumpkin does the trick! :sad4:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hmmm, could he have eaten a foreign object ( toy, rawhide etc...)? This will produce some mucus in the stool. Allergies are another reason along with the obvious worm/ parasite issue. If it continues maybe a stool check is in order. Hopefully he just ate something off! Mucus is usually a sign of inflammation of the intestines I believe.

Feel better Finn! :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I didn't have any pumpkin. Hopefully I can get to the store today later and get some.
He has also been doing the "booty scoot" quite a bit. So i'm worried about his anal glands. :(
Anal glands are really easy to express, if you know what to do.
If you don't then it's a couple minute procedure at the vet, some
grooming salons do it too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts