Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paco is sick. He is throwing up - eight times in the last three hours. Just very small amounts. I called the vet and my husband is picking up an anti-emetic and an antibiotic. I am hoping that will help.

The real problem is I don't know what he got into!! He never met a blade of grass, a leaf, or a blossom that he didn't want to eat! He also eats bugs all the time - millers, flies, anything! I try to stop him but he gulps them down before I can stop him. When we go outside he is burrowing around the whole time looking for some nasty thing to eat!!

Any suggestions? Maybe I should spray the whole yard with that bitter apple stuff. That stopped him from chewing on the furniture when he was teething! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hope the little one is feeling better. Any chance he has gotten chicken jerky, chicken treats or anything chicken wise? Even though there is no recall there are thousands upon thousands of complaints from dog owners that these treats make dogs sick, they almost killed my Oreo and Boo.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is on all raw diet. He eats chicken and venison. The only treats I give him are Buffalo Blue chicken treats. They do have some grain in them but they are primarily meat.

He ate three McDonald's french fries yesterday. I forgot about that. I know they aren't really good for him but I didn't think that was enough to make him sick. Do you think it could have???

·
Registered
52 Posts
Could be-- the french fries may have been too oily or salty especially with him being used to a raw diet.

My girls get home made fries all the time, but not any from the restuarants because of the salt and oil don't agree with them

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paco is doing much better today. He is a little frustrated because I can't let him eat much but I think tomorrow I will let him eat normally. He has not had any vomiting today. I just panic when he gets sick!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.