Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin is seein this guy I know for a fact her Mentally Abuses her. BUT

She told me some things this weekend that upset me she told me they were flirting around and playing with the kids and he took a basket ball and hit her really hard with it and he laughed. Then lastnight he was playing with her kids and just grabbed her and rung her nose till he put a big bruise on it. Before I jump in and tell her I think he is trying to abuse her Physically now without taking it to far what do you all think? Do you think its abuse to or is he just playing? He told her he was just playing and he was sorry but it just dosen't sit right in my stomick at all.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hmm, I don't like the sound of that at all. It sounds like the start of physical abuse to me - I would probably be urging her to listen to her instincts, and leave him. Not sure about USA, but there are abuse hotlines here in Australia (official, governmental ones) that can offer advice & assistance to abuse victims & abusers, their friends & family.

Perhaps you could look into it & email her some info, or give her some brochures?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think your intuitions are right. It does sound like he wants to hurt her, but doesn't seem comfortable enough yet to make it clearly known as physical abuse. Geez who would want to intentionally squeese someones nose hard enough to leave a bruise. I have a nose ring, and if someone did that to me I would start swinging immediately. Sorry so much anger only because I've been through it.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Seiah Bobo said:
I think your intuitions are right. It does sound like he wants to hurt her, but doesn't seem comfortable enough yet to make it clearly known as physical abuse.
:? I agree with that!..he's probably just doing "test runs" to see how far he can get little by little...If she doesn't say anything chances are he will turn more and more violent each time he gets..tell her to trust her instincts and that there are WAY BETTER guys out there..so why suffer! :wink:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
follow the gut--and why is your cousin allowing this? You need to talk to her as much as report him, cause he may not leave her alone. BRUSING in any way is not kidding around :x

·
Registered
518 Posts
Sadly, you can't typically tell an abused woman to stop taking abuse. Well, you can say it, but that won't change anything. All you can do is wait for them to make the decision to distance themselves and be there to support them.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
This is abuse, no other way to describe it. You don't twist someone's nose till you leave a bruise and say you are "playing". I have a good friend who took years of physical abuse before she finally left the SOB. Sadly, Frasers' mom is right - you can tell someone what you think, but they are the ones who have to make the decision to end it.

But, at least you can let your cousin know your feelings. Maybe she will listen. Let her know you are there to support her.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
It seems like he is seeing how much he can get away with. I unfortunately feel like it will get worse as time goes on. Please try to talk with her. The relationship does not sound healthy. :(

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
talk some sense into her! if he is verbally abusive, in due time that will all change. play hitting will eventually become real hitting... take it from me... been there done that.....

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree you should say something. Maybe you can just tell her you are concerned for her after seeing the bruise and see how she responds. At least then you're planting a seed and will make her think if something more happens. If you outright say anything against him she may defend him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts