Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think this has been done before, forgive me if it has!

I'm curious what everyone does for a living. Those of you who do not work, don't brag too much & make me jealous! :D

Right now I am a "Corporate Development Coordinator" for a manufacturing company. This is a fancy title for someone who does marketing & designs company apparel, items, etc. for employees to boost their moral. The job isn't so hot, so I am studying to be a paralegal and plan to quit in January to do my internship & find a job at a lawfirm! A little scary to go into a whole new field!

Tell me about your job!

Anna

·
Registered
763 Posts
Jobs

:cry: i need a new job. I work in an emergency room as an unit coordinator. I recently switched to a less traumatic e.r. I have been doing it for 16 years. I have been at the new e.r for 3 years, I helped set it up and get it running. The old e.r. was a trauma center and after seeing all that for so long, it was very stressful, so i needed a change. I wish i could just stay home with my dogs, and my kids on some days, lol. :bootyshake:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't imaging working at a Trauma Center. I can understand why you needed to move after so long. But you have one of those jobs that really makes a difference to people's lives! :D

·
Registered
763 Posts
yea

Thanks for the boost. I guess it is my place. They say you are either e.r material or you are not. I guess after 16 years I am. :p

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
graet post for the nosey buggers out there like me.....................lol :lol:

Im a registered nurse and i work on a busy male medical/renal ward (no sexy men though, unless you like them over 80 :D ) I love my job but sometimes I do feel like its time for a change , I too would love to drop my hours to spend more time at home :D

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Nothing real exciting................I am a Claims Manager for a moving company.......I hope to be a housewife in a few years.....AHHHHH I HOPE!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
oh yes a house wife now that would be a great job (im sure the housewives out there wouldnt all agree) you always want what you dont have :wave:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
ozzysmom said:
oh yes a house wife now that would be a great job (im sure the housewives out there wouldnt all agree) you always want what you dont have :wave:
Ya know I had the opportunity to do it before, and it does get boring, so I would volunteer somewhere or get a part time job.....AFTER I get bored of It though LOL

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well, I am a stay at home MOM for about 75 % :wink: and after that I sculpt dogs in my free time.
I make figurines , earrings, pins and other little things .

I made a cute figurine for a lady the other day with her 2 Chis on it ...let me show off a little ...lol.... :wink: here is a pic

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow that figurine is really cute - do you have a kiln and everything at your house? LUCKY! :D That's neat that you are able to make money at doing something so fun.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys :)
I sculpt from polymer clay .
I paint the figurines after they come out of the oven.
After that they are varnished and signed .

More pics you say.....lol...want to see some Whippets...here is a one I made for Mother's Day

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have to tell you though ....pictures can only show so much and every piece looks really so much cuter in real life :)
If you guys want to see more let me know I got tons ....lol.....

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am actually a busy person now a days. I am a Salon Manager at a hair studio and spa. I also am a wedding consultant :shock: Busy Busy Busy!!! So that why it takes me some time to post things because I am always running around.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I recently left my job....I used to work as a Front desk clerk for a Hotel....I hated not having a schedule!!! I've only had one previous job to that , I was a clerk in a company in Italy.....that job was absolutely wonderful (too bad we had to move)...now I am looking for something else, I studied business so I would like to find something that involves computers...... plus I might end up volunteering for the summer.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
~Ri said:
More pics you say.....lol...want to see some Whippets...here is a one I made for Mother's Day

oh my gosh I love this one, you are a very talented lady!! I want to see more for sure...thanks

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I am a full time college student working on getting my education degree so I can teach middle school (grades 6th-8th). I can teach just about any subject but math...lol.
I was a physical therapy major, but they did not except me into their program...I needed a 3.0 minimum GPA and I had a 2.8 :(
I use to work as a physical therapy assistant at a hospital for three years. Very hectic, but I loved every minute of it. Now I find myself working at the local Copy Service (a copy/storage rental place) until I can find a better job. Its nice though because the place is only two minutes down the road and I can stay up at my townhouse for the summer.
I am currently looking into maybe getting certified to become a dog obedience trainer. The trainer I take Tequila to is helping me with that.
My one friend is a buisness major (marketing/sales) and wants to open a Obedience/Grooming/Boarding facility for dogs and wants me to go in it with her. On the side she wants to breed Rots and wants me to breed Chi's. Right now its just a thought, but who knows down the road...will need something to do to fill in my summers right :wink:

·
Registered
763 Posts
OMG!

Those are sooo cute. Do you make them from pictures of peoples animals or just in general? That whippet is gorgeous, a wonderful paint job. maybe when i get my new baby i will have to get a all chocolate one. haha

1 - 20 of 100 Posts