Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The uk are expecting a thunder storm tomorrow and we haven't had one since I've had daisy. What do I do to relax her?? I don't think she will be bothered as nothing bothers her but I am petrified of thunder and lightning always have been so I'm hardly gonna be a calming influence of a pack leader??!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
They don't bother my Pip at all, but Roo is afraid of them and cries and whines loudly. I just act like it's no big deal and try and distract her. Put on some music or something to drown it out. Granted, this is easy for me as I love storms and don't have any fear of them.

Here's an article on the subject:

http://www.paw-rescue.org/PAW/PETTIPS/DogTip_FearOfThunder.php

If you do get the storm, I hope it passes quickly for you. :) And hey maybe they won't bother Daisy, maybe she'll be the one comforting you. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Well we can't expect the weather like this to go on,we always have to have thunderstorms after,suppose it will clear the air,i'm sure she will be ok,i put the tv on loud and shut the curtains .GOOD LUCK,think we may get them tonight looking at the weather map

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahah we get 2 hot days and then thats it thunder and lightening and i end up shaking like a chihuahua :)roll:) under my sheets!! I HATE THEM!!!

I hope its not tonight.. ive not prepared myself.. I would be willing to lay money on it that she'll be fine and ill be crying my eyes out!!!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I've never noticed my dogs pay attention, granted one is deaf! lol
I bet Daisy will be fine! I'm with you however, storms freak me out!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
No don't think you will get it tonight,i have alerts for weather and they said High Wycombe,rain soon,that was an hour ago.Still nothing.Fingers crossed

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im about an hour and a half away from high wycombe!! LOL if you get it KEEP IT I HATE IT!!

Gonna get my washing in just in case lol.. dont fancy frazzled bras!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol please do daisy is randomly barking at things and she never taps so it could be coming

Elle so do I hahahahaha joke btw

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
interestin. it supposed to thunderstorm here as well tonight and tomaro. lol :p so far dexter was going paranoia by trotting to the front door and then to the back door, ears keep moving around like a satellite and a little bit of whimpering as well. he even found a nice spider to play chase with but it got near his water bowl so i told him not to touch and threw the icky spider out

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Adam barks at thunder! Its like he takes it as a personal insult.:rolleyes:
My lot are staying with their 'auntie' tonight. As Im working nights she usually takes them when I leave at 7pm and brings them home at about midnight. However she phoned me at work to ask if they would be ok but I honestly dont know what Heidi thinks of storms so she is getting her pop up crates out and keeping them overnight for me.
They are very lucky to have such a nice Auntie!!LOL:)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It rained I Dunno if there was a storm we slept through it but the pollen has done something and I'm in agony with this hayfever hate hate hate it

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
We had a terrible but short storm last night. Matilda has an anxiety attack during them - she shook, listened & panted the entire time & even about 45 minutes after it had ended. I actually video taped her a bit because I had my flip video handy. Milo barked at 2 of the VERY loud snaps but otherwise nobody gave it a thought. As a matter of fact Maya was zonked during the entire thing! LOL

1 - 20 of 36 Posts