Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mine on Natural Balance Limited Ingredients (grain free), and I'm not quite sure it really is all that great for them. So I wanted to see what everyone else is doing. All your opinions and help would be very much appreciated! :D

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody is on a raw prey model diet.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
My puppy eats Orijen and does great on it. I have never tried raw, but I'm sure that is a great option too!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Asia is on Ziwipeak venison dehydrated raw and gobbles it up. (I have to hold my breath when i open the bag as I HATE the smell). Peach and Bruiser are on Stella and Chewy's frozen raw but I just bought a bag of Primal pheasant raw and they scarfed it up. So probably switching for now to that.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
raw (prey model) for us

·
Registered
77 Posts
I feed my guys Science Diet Natures Best but I would really like to change. I have one that is allergic to corn and they feed store here in town suggested the Natures Best small bites and he does ok with it but not sure if it's the best. I'm going to browse this forum a little bit and research what to do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i am currently feeding mine eukanuba because a vet recommended it, but the research on dog food i have been doing has really turned that down. i have now chosen to feed innova dry and wellness stew canned because there are no grains, high meat content, no current recalls, and they have no contreversial ingredients. i believe they are both 4-star foods but i could be wrong..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is on Fromm Four Star (Rotate with TOTW) with a little bit of canned food and veggies mixed, mostly green beans, carrots and sweet peas and Hercules loves it. I also add Nupro supplement in every meal.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Mine are on zp dehydrated and wet.. They love it! they also have the odd piece of raw now and then!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
We're on a raw rotation as well. We rotate prey model raw, ZiwiPeak (canned & dehydrated), Stella & Chewy's & Honest Kitchen (though I won't be buying anymore HK after what we have is gone)--they are all fed on a regular basis. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
All our Chi's are fed on Royal Canin (mini starter for weaning, chihuahua for adults and chihuahua junior for adolecient).

Really happy with it...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi Lindsey
I fed my guy Innova for a long time until they sold out to diamond
dog food, upon finding that out I switched to The honest kitchen dog
food. It's done okay, but upon finding that there food is light on fat/
and protein, I'm thinking about going with Acan Grasslands.
He seems hungry all the time on THK, now I guess I know why...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I try to mix Orijen with royal canin
Trouble is my chis don't really like orijen that much. The kibble size is a bit big for them but I mix a bit in anyway because hopefully one day they will grow to love it LOL
But I must say they LOVE the royal canin junior

Previously their breeder had them on james well beloved, but they had kind of loose stools and it was very smelly
The vets recommended hills sciencle plan, but they wouldn't even take 1 bite off that so I changed their diet to what they are on now.
I would LOVE to feed RAW, but it is just too time consuming for me atm :(

·
Registered
407 Posts
I used to feed solid gold, then switched to blue buffalo which I am very happy with. When I get my little Sparkles next month she will be on blue buffalo,gently weaned from taste of the wild which her breeder is feeding now.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts