Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! :D

I just wanted to know: Everyone who uses litter boxes, what do you put in it? Litter? Newspaper? Pee pad? A combination? What works best??

Thanks,
Jackie :wave:

·
Registered
642 Posts
I think pee pads are the easiest thing. Litter is a pain, they just get it everywhere same with the newspaper.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I tried to use newspaper after starting off with just pee pads because I thought I have plenty of newspapers around and what money I could save! But, newspaper is not absorbent and it just seemed too messy. I line the floor with newspaper below the box, since Jasmine sometimes sticks her butt over the edge to poo (wierd!) but now I line the box with newspaper and put the pads on top. That way, if I have a cheaper pad or the good ones leak, the box stays cleaner and I sometimes can leave the newspaper for quite a while. It is just a little extra protection, I guess.

·
Registered
47 Posts
another thing, I was thinking about getting the litter sometime down the road, but now I guess I don't need to bother, based on the experience of some of you. thanks!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, you guys! I think I'll go with the newspaper and pee pad on top. :D :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts