Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend saw these dog treats at Petco. They were $10 for I think the 16 oz bag. Seems a lil spendy, but she wanted me to check the rating on them and stuff. I don't think there is ratings for treats, but they seem good.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I know a LOT of people who give Zuke's treats. Several people here do as well. My girls do not get grains or I might offer them. Oh, and the ones that I have seen are nicely sized for little ones.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Zukes are great but they're really hard, and difficult to break in half (at least with my arthritic fingers). I was able to get them at our Ace Hardware for about $6. Another great treat available at PetCo is Wet Noses Little Stars. They're wonderful, healthy and super tiny, and Pablo just loves them!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Zukes are great.

Read the labels and avoid any treats manufactured in China. You will have to look closely, but the country of origin is on there. I wouldn't endorse any treats from China at all. Sometimes they will be kind of tricky and say "manufactured" in the USA but they are still "sourced" from China.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get my girls this kind. It's prolly not the best, but the best I can find locally. I usually break it up in 4 pieces and that's the most they'd get in a day. They don't get some every day though. I think it's only about $5 for the bag.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I don't like zukes myself, the quality is fine but it's like a giant, very hard vitamin - what's treat about that?!

I prefer to stick with things like sweet potato fries, bullies, etc.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I give Rico the sweet potato fries too !! The dog bakery here charges $ 1.75 usd an ounce for dog treats...well most of their treats. that works out to $ 28 usd per pound. They have lovely things any sort of dried meat and connective tissue, frozen bones, raw-and all sorts of things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts