Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i am still looking for a chi and i have come across her she is 7 months old. the owneris selling her due to ill health.She says she is 14inches long and 11 inches tall.What do you think.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I think she looks sweet. I'm assuming they are selling due to their own health problems and not hers, right? The benefits of buying an older puppy is that you know what she will look like as an adult and she will most likely already be potty trained by this age! If she is in good health, I would say go meet her. :)

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
She's adorable, but personally I think all dogs are cute, I really love them all.
The most important thing to consider is temperament, go meet her and see if
you two click and if this pup and her requirements compliment your lifestyle.

Would this be your only dog? What made you decide on a Chi?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Very lovely, I like her little head on side profile.

The only problem with buying an older dog is that you don't get to instil YOUR training into them, but if you're not experienced in that area then it can be a bonus - they're not the easiest dogs in the world to house train either.

I'd be sure to sit with her long enough to see what she does when it comes to that, and what her overall temperament is like with strange dogs, people etc. Don't be alarmed if she backs away from you, barks & acts terrified - 2 of mine still behave like killers when my son & Ex partner step into "their" home every day .... they love to play & cuddle with the boys but it's that first bit of walking in that the dogs try to let them know they are on their turf.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts