Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With cooler weather coming I wanted to get a warming pad/disc to put in the pups bed. Does anyone use one? Can you reccomend one that will keep the heat through the night. I really dont want one I have to plug in. Thanks so much.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Kay i use the snuggle safe for mine,it's still warm in the morning.I put it in for longer than what they say and put it under their blanket

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Missy and Michele. I just ordered one off Amazon. It was a lot cheaper then Ebay. Michele, how long do you put it for?

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
To put under a blanket i do 7 mins for Dottie on a 800 w microwave as she feels the cold,it's great because it's not too big and they can move off it if they want think it needs something over the top of it because it's hard.She snuggles on to it as soon as she goes to bed.Lily gets 5 mins as she's not as fragile.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
They look really good!

It's freezing here already so heaven knows what kind of winter we are in for and gas prices have gone through the roof - so these would be a great buy!! scurrying off to see where I can get them :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
I used to own hedgehogs and we used Snuggle Safe as backup for winter mornings in case power goes out during the day. (Hedges are very intolerant of cold) be sure to feel it yourself and don't over-cook. It does last all day, particularly when then tucked into fleece or flannel blankets. (Besides the cover it comes with)

I would not use it if you have a chewer, the plastic doesn't seem very thick to me. Although how tough Chi jaws are, I don't know, I don't own one yet. But my Golden could easily crush/destroy a Snuggle Safe.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the replies. I ordered the snuggle safe from Amazon. I was surprised at how hard it is but I wrap it in a blanket. Both Chloe and Zoey love it. They usually don't sleep together but they do now with the snuggle. I warm it for 7 minutes in a 1500 watt microwave at night and it stays warm until about 3 pm the next day. Wow I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Thank you for the replies. I ordered the snuggle safe from Amazon. I was surprised at how hard it is but I wrap it in a blanket. Both Chloe and Zoey love it. They usually don't sleep together but they do now with the snuggle. I warm it for 7 minutes in a 1500 watt microwave at night and it stays warm until about 3 pm the next day. Wow I highly recommend them.
I'm really glad you like it! It's def a great product and love that there's no plugging in!!

Sent from my iPhone using PetGuide

·
Registered
591 Posts
I got one of these when we first got Max at the end of April but he wouldn't go near it. Think I'll try it again soon though as it's getting colder and we don't have the heating on during the night. Fingers crossed he will use it as I do worry about him getting too cold sleeping on his own.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I got one of these when we first got Max at the end of April but he wouldn't go near it. Think I'll try it again soon though as it's getting colder and we don't have the heating on during the night. Fingers crossed he will use it as I do worry about him getting too cold sleeping on his own.
Bailey didn't like it last year either. Now that she's a bit older I think he appreciates it!!

Sent from my iPhone using PetGuide

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have two of these, I loooooove them. I used to use them back in the day when I was fostering underaged kittens. Now, I use one for Pico at night. Lyra sleeps with me, so I guess I'm her heating pad. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts