Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vet wants to put him Heartgaurd Plus and Frontline which is fine, but isn't there one pill that will take care of all of it plus mosquitos etc.? I would rather only buy one product per month is possible?

Thanks,
Elizabeth

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Frontline PLUS is suppose to help w/ticks, and carriers of Lyme disease...be careful w/heartguard there are lots out there (info) stating this company has had problems. also Bio Spot is a bad one although it does everything. Frontline got good write ups as it does not go into the blood stream but stay on the skin surface. Interceptor is the heartworm med that has good write up too. We have to watch our little guys as the meds can be more toxic to them.
I half my Frontline Plus for Kemo as the small dose is hard to get. I half the orange box (forget the weight on pkg)

·
Registered
213 Posts
i am using only advantage ????
and my vet gives a heartworm med to them. ??

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
We use Interceptor to prevent heartworms ($10.80 for a 6 month supply from our vet clinic). We use Advantage for fleas, though Tucker is never outside unless he's in our arms or we are going somewhere in the car, so we are not having any problem with fleas. I guess it would be more convenient to use only one product, though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Rashes from flea products

Hi ...... my current chihuahua has a double coat so I can't do it on him, but my first chi had a regular short coat and I gave her baths once a week. When I did, I'd wet her down and her little skin would shine right through. Then I'd look for fleas, put a thick daub of skin conditioning shampoo on her when I found one [which drowns the flea], pluck him off and rinse her very well at the end.

She got rashes from flea products is why I learned to do this. You have to put a glop of undiluted shampoo right on the flea to kill it because the water with regular shampooing techniques alone didn't seem to be enough.

Hope this helps anyone who has a chi with skin problems related to flea/tick products.

I need a cool avatar. Off to look for one because I'm jealous of all of your cool pictures! Now, where is that camera????? I saw it just the day before Exodus the cat arrived in my studio........

·
Registered
85 Posts
So does Yoyo! I don't use anything for flea/tick. Just the monthly Interceptor. I used to get them for a reasonable price from KV vet!
Except you've to provide them the prescriptions from your vet first. :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts