Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm just curious, what do your Chi puppies eat? (or did eat when they were puppies)

Lexi is on Pedigree Chum puppy food, but I'd like her to slowly try some slightly more expensive food with more nutrients in it. I've seen Iams and Eukanuba food have a lot of information on the packets about the good stuff they have in their food, which I like to know. I'm not sure if Pedigree Chum is as informative about what it's good for :roll:

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ive used Pedigree chum puppy food in the past and its very good...i just hate the smell of it... lol. Eukanuba is excellent too.
My new pup is on proplan puppy food(chicken/rice) at the moment. I put a very small amount of chicken or cheese on top. She loves small dog biscuits too. :wink:
I bet your having lots of fun with your new puppy! I definately am with mine :D

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I used Eukanuba puppy up to maitenance and senior small bite, for the girls since they were puppies and growing up and Penny and Toby when they were old and think its great food!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget eats Royal Canin and a variety of treats. I cut them up and he gets bite size pieces. He gets his cet chews and his chicken jerky...

breakfast he gets hi RC on the couch and he usually eats about 1/2 of a 1/8 of a cup.

at dinner he eats 1/8 of a cup of RC with nelted cheese over it...

no he isn't spoiled he is well spoiled... hehehhe

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
stefania said:
My Chico is eating Nutro Puppy ,i just started him on that ,he seems to love it :wave:
Hey, MY Chico ate Nutro Puppy food too... :lol:

I guess instead of saying "Great minds think alike" I can say "Great Chico's think alike." :lol:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Dixie is still on puppy food. She loves her Royal Canin. I've read through a lot of posts about RC and found nothing bad about it and so I decided to give it a try. She used to be very selective of her food, but she scarfs this one down. :wave:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Zeus was on Solid Gold as a puppy and since then, he's had Innova, Natural Balance, and now Royal Canin for Chihuahua's. All are great foods in my opinion. :)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Roxy eats Pedigree small breed. I have tried alot of other food , science diet, nutro etc. but this seems to be the only one she likes. I hope it is a good food. Kay

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
mm i finally found something that works for the three of them :roll: and it costs me 20 min of my morning -time to make it :D

i mixed all the kibble brands i had ; eukanuba,royal canin,science hill's 2 diff flavours and poffed rice (moistened) with science hill's canned chicken and add a bit of ham pieces ....they love it !!!

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
mine gets royal canin mini puppy and i break her glucosamine tablet up in the morning in her food and she eats it. i just give her food dry, no soaking it. that is what she likes. she is very picky when it comes to treats. i have yet to find one that she likes, and i've been through many! she likes to chew on her C.E.T. dental chews and greenies and other dental chew bones. but that is it as far as treats go. occasionally i let her try some people food but she mostly turns her nose up at it.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
mine gets royal canin mini puppy and i break her glucosamine tablet up in the morning in her food and she eats it. i just give her food dry, no soaking it. that is what she likes. she is very picky when it comes to treats. i have yet to find one that she likes, and i've been through many! she likes to chew on her C.E.T. dental chews and greenies and other dental chew bones. but that is it as far as treats go. occasionally i let her try some people food but she mostly turns her nose up at it.
Well mommy!!! she is a DIVA you know...why would she just eat anything...she is the Countess :D So cute, my goodness I would love just to see her run around for a day...LOL...I would have to restrain myself from hugging too much...hehehe :wave:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
mine gets royal canin mini puppy and i break her glucosamine tablet up in the morning in her food and she eats it.

You may have already mentioned it , sorry if you have and I missed it but why does she have glucosmine ?

sara :wave:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Fizzys mum said:
luv4mygirls said:
mine gets royal canin mini puppy and i break her glucosamine tablet up in the morning in her food and she eats it.

You may have already mentioned it , sorry if you have and I missed it but why does she have glucosmine ?

sara :wave:
bad knees already :( so she has to have her glucosamine with chondroiton everyday. so far she don't need the surgery since her knees only make a click noise, they aren't popping out of place or anything. the right one is much worse than the left. when she is 1 1/2 she will be switched to science diet j/d for her joints. there's a slight chance that she will never need the surgery so i'm riding that slight chance and praying. she don't seem to have any knee pain so fingers crossed and nightly prayers....

1 - 20 of 64 Posts