Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i was just thinking about what my chis names mean and wondered what all your babies names mean mine are below-

tyke- small

patch- (just coz she had a patch on her eye)

rio- (as in the duran duran song?!)

jacob- as in jacob the jewller who makes real posh and super expensive watches i have a looky likey

ruby- as she is red

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Sully cos our surname is O'Sullivan and sully is a nickname for all O'Sullivans, Finn McCaul irish folklore 'warrior' ( fighter) my Fynn ( changed her name to feminine with a Y )survived after being born at 1 and 1/2 ozs and siblings mummified, Rosie O'Grady is an Irish song.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I named Ozzy after ozzy osbourne as he is a right character but the name means " Gods divine Power"

I named Lily because the name just fit her she is really sweet and kind and seemed like a lily it means "symbol of purity and innocence"

·
Registered
661 Posts
Tico's full name is Chantico (chan-TE-KO).

I wanted an Aztec, Myan or Mexican name for him, and loved the sound of both his nickname "Tico" as well as "Chantico" :sunny: and thought the meaning was totally appropriate too!

It's the name of an Aztec goddess: "she who dwells in the house" the goddess of fires in the family hearth and volcanoes. She broke a fast by eating paprika with roasted fish, and was turned into a dog. (just don't tell him he's named after a girl!)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maggie is short for Margaret, which is derived from the Greek word "μαργαριτης" (margarites), which means pearl :) I'm not Greek and I had no idea about this until I did a search on the net :D

I had such a hard time finding my little girl's name!! My boyfriend loves it cuz it reminds him of The Simpsons :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I didn't want Cooper to have a spanish or "typical" name for a Chihuahua, so I did the next logical thing ...

I named him after Alice Cooper, my favorite rocker. His full name is Alice Cooper Lombardi - the Lombardi comes from the great Vincent Lombardi, since I am a Green Bay Packers fan.

Just as it is with children, if I am trying to call Cooper and he's not listening, I just holler out "ALICE!" and he turns and runs back to me, then looks around to see if anyone heard me call him that. :D

·
Registered
936 Posts
Seiah (pronunciation= C'ya) means black in farsi (Iranian)...and he got his name because he is black. I'm korean but my fiance is iranian. We were going to name him Shahob which means shooting star, but I thought that was a little girly. So maybe his future sister :wink: will have that name.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Zola is names after a Gianfranco Zola who use to play football for Chelsea. I am not a big football fan but Zola is who got my boyfriend into football and he is one of his fav players (x players now) My boyfriend said Zola for a name for a kinda joke and I was like 'hey actually I really like that' Everyone thinks its a girls name. But he IS named after a boy
:lol:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
well i named my girl Countess Chiwi. the countess because we have a monarchy joke in my family i call my mom queen mum, i'm the princess my daughter is dutchess and coutness comes after that. and the chiwi part of her named came from chihuahua and kiwi fruit. i always liked the name cha chi, chia and chihuahua type names like that but they aren't very unique i'm not sure what made me put the 2 together. i think it was a co-worker who wanted me to name her kiwi (cause the fruit is so tiny but has huge flavor and my puppy was so tiny with huge personality and zest) so i looked in the computer at the animal hospital but there were a bunch of kiwi's so in my head out of nowhere i said CHIWI!! some think her name is prounounced chewy but it's chi wee.

i already have 2 names i'm debating for my boy when and if i ever get him lol! but i'm not telling until i get him hehehe.... i will say it will have count in front of it hehe... nope not dracula by th way, just sticking with my monarchy theme and he can't be prince or duke since that would put him higher than chiwi...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
hehe

my dogs names: not all chi's

Guinness: he is a big chocolate lab
Jamie: black lab after my mom's saint bernard she had as a kid
Nomar: after mr garciaparra when he was a redsox player... (nomar is an italian greyhound boston terrier mix..sounds ugly but is adorable and i love him to death!!)
and last but not least my new chihuahua's name is "Scoot" we thought it fit his bouncy playful personality to a tee..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dulce

I decided to name my Chi Dulce which means Sweet in Spanish and Portuguese as it turns out which I happen to be but don't speak it. I pronounce it Dull sea but when you say it with a roll of the tounge it's more like doolsss.
I love her she is sweeeeeeet.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Nice names and meanings all...

***My husband and I have an odd sense of humor, so I apologize in advance if I offend anyone on a couple of the names...***

"Willie" (chi) ...when he was a pup, his boy part was always sticking out :oops:
"Mully" -short for Mulva (chi) Borrowed from an episode of Seinfeld where a character's name rhymed with a female body part, so yes both of our chis have naughty names :oops:
"Roxy" (pit bull/GSD/st.bernard mix)...sweet dog but, dumb as a box of rocks
"Mud" (hound mix we think) he's a foster pup that was dumped in our yard, well, his name "could" be that he's always covered in mud, but my hubby says he's as ugly as a mud fence *sigh*
"Deacon" (pit bull/GSD) had very blue eyes when we rescued him, so I named him after the Steely Dan song "Deacon Blues"
"Angus" (st.bernard) It just fit him well
"Fenway" (white cap poinus parrot) I am Originally from Boston, and when I got him the Red Sox won the World Series
"Melvin" (black, long haired mix kitty) also nicknamed Vin,Vinnie and Mel. I named him Merlin, but my husband changes the names of all my pets, so I gave up lol :roll: This cat has a great temperment but is vocal to the point of driving one insane, lol...He adores my kids! :D
***Hope I haven't offended anyone***
Love Stacy

1 - 20 of 39 Posts