Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was posted in the "too large" post by Marie. I thought more people might be able to comment and see the videos if it wasn't buried in her post and I didn't want to go too far off Marie's topic. So this is a repost...

If you have a hard time visualizing what a CHAMPION Chi should look like, take a look at these videos from Westminster last year.

This is 2009 video from the Westminster Dog Show, one of the most prestigious shows in the USA. Similar to Crufts. ALL these Chihuahua's are breed champions. These are nationally ranked dogs that have been invited to participate based on their ranking in the breed and how many dogs they have beaten. So truly... these are the BEST of BREED in both varieties.

Here are the long coats ...

http://video.westminsterkennelclub.org/player/?id=1006741

Here are the short coats ...

http://video.westminsterkennelclub.org/player/?id=1006422

I find that these dogs all resemble each other. They could have been cut from the same cookie cutter, so to speak. Why? Because they meet the breed standard for what a Chihuahua should look like.

Take a look at the best dogs in our breed!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hm...... try the links now! I guess they didn't copy right from the other post? Hope it works now. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes, there's a top ranked champion merle longcoat that is in the video. Pretty. :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't mean to stir up an issue but i figured this is a good post to ask this question. How come merles are allowed in the ring? Isnt this a new color in chis with indicate breeding with other breeds such as the pomeranian or daschund?

I am wondering because i thought it was frowned upon to breed merles. Some breeders even go out of their way to make sure buyers know they have merle free lines.

So i'm confused when it comes to merles. Can someone shed some light for me?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vivid, if you do some searching on merle's, you will find lots of discussions on the subject. In this country, merle's are an allowed color. They are NOT in other countries. There is some controversy with the color and there have been several good posts in the past discussing it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Right in US they are allowed and I love to see them in the showring. There is nothing wrong with merles when they are bred correctly.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
:hello1: I was so excited to see this :hello1: Tabitha and Jerry's Breeder is #31 in the ring :) She comes on at 6:52 on the video... She is showing Ch. Ka-lynn's Martini on the Rocks.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:hello1: I was so excited to see this :hello1: Tabitha and Jerry's Breeder is #31 in the ring :) She comes on at 6:52 on the video... She is showing Ch. Ka-lynn's Martini on the Rocks.
Soooooooooooooooooo exciting!!! LOVE it!!!

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Ive been researching my Hopes pedigree i think ive only found like 10 out of 18 of her champions so im still searching i have a lot of pics ill try and share them later :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Oh They're so so so pretty... can't wait for my Daisy to be all fluffy like that ha ha ha.. they're are such proud little dogs!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts