Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone does w/ their chihuahua(s) when they go on vacations?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
We go to England at least once a year and I have NO CLUE what we will do with Bosco! We could leave him with my parents but I am worried they would corrupt him! (Their dog is the most spoiled thing in the world!!) Or we could just leave him at home and have the neighbors and my family stop by and visit him several times a day. I just don't know for sure...good question!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Ill take care of Bosco!!!! PLEASE!

I am planning on taking him where I go.....Kemo is so unsocial that I have no choice. Kennel is out of the question unless its an emergency. My husband loves to travel so he is not happy about it LOL.....
We already found a place in VA beach we are taking him.....we are on stanby for this year...but next we are planning to go.

·
Registered
213 Posts
that is funny because we just got back from a trip. we drove to southern california (an 8 hour drive)and my chi and eskie slept on and off, we stoped everything 3 hours for potty break, food and water for them. :). We stayed at my brother in-laws apartment. Tinkerbell and Andrew we in a large crate together with toys and treats, they would cry for a minute but they did really good, no messes or anything!!!!
The family was really impressed with how well behaved they were. :) as was i. At our house they are crazy, and they would never stay in a crate over night. they sleep with us, but we couldn't have them in someone elses bed, just in case they had an accident. lol.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
If we go someplace for more then a day, Zeus goes to my in-laws house. They have a Silky Terrier and Zeus just loves to terroize him. My in-laws had a Chi for 16 years and Zeus is so spoiled when he goes there.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
When we go to Italy (once or twice a year) we have to take them to the vet.:(
Everywhere alse we go here in the US they come with us. :)

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
They go to my mothers where she spoils them

Boogaloo - I see you live in IL....so do I 8) If you are looking for a chi-sitter I would be more them willing :D I am sure Bosco would love to play with Tequila, Ginger, and Kylie :wink:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Chi's and going on vacation

Our family has 2 chi's...Chile and Tia and we also have a golden retriever (who is 10 years).

My husband and I just returned from Cuba (on holidays for one week).

We left our dogs with a pet sitter which we hired and she stayed at our home and spent 16 - 18 hours each day with our dogs.

I have been back for 2 days now and my chi's are peeing and pooping everyone. They were about 80 - 90% percent trained before I left and now it seems like I have to start all over again. Everywhere I turn there is a mess somewhere.

I had them on a schedule and they were doing really really well. I spent alot of time training them and now I feel like I'm at square one!! :cry:

Maybe they were going through separation anxiety when we left them for one week. They did get to meet our pet sitter prior to us leaving.

HELP!!!! Has anyone had this problem with their babies??? Should I start crate training again? My chi's have free run of the house.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts