Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 year old adopted chihuahua (had him for almost a month now). Whenever I might be eating or doing work in my room, my dog notices I'm not giving him attention or something and walks to the other side of the room where my bed covers my sight of him. Every time I get up to make a movement toward him he comes running so I can't tell what exactly he's doing all the time. But sometimes sniffing around, sometimes laying down waiting for me. Even if I'm petting him while doing something on the computer he might drift away slowly. Any analysis of this? I'd really like to know what you folks think, thanks!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
My 3 year old adopted chihuahua (had him for almost a month now). Whenever I might be eating or doing work in my room, my dog notices I'm not giving him attention or something and walks to the other side of the room where my bed covers my sight of him. Every time I get up to make a movement toward him he comes running so I can't tell what exactly he's doing all the time. But sometimes sniffing around, sometimes laying down waiting for me. Even if I'm petting him while doing something on the computer he might drift away slowly. Any analysis of this? I'd really like to know what you folks think, thanks!
its normal! they are still getting used to u and they normal do it anyway! they probably think your playing! its what they do , they probably want the food so when you go to get up they run away in a playful way , that's what mine does its just something they do! but if you want them to come to you make a noise like you would to a baby and that normally works :)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Or its a learned behaviour. Your Chi has worked out that when you are ignoring him if he walks around your bed you get up to see what he is doing and he gets the attention he wants.
Dogs are very clever, and he might be training you!!!:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahah he begs to get on my lap and after an hour of attention he runs out of my lap to go hide somewhere I can't see him. I make the slightest movement he comes running back. It's adorable. Maybe he thinks I'm not giving him close enough attention, I do drift off sometimes when I try to multitask lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts