Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sammy likes to push her nose on the floor continuously (like she's pushing the kibble or a treat) but she's not touching it. She just keeps doing this. I can't figure out if she doesn't want it, and so she's trying to push it away ? (but she doesn't touch it)? or if she's playing?

Anyone got a clue?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Now, HERE is something I am an expert at. :lol:

Cooper learned that behavior from OmaKitty. He'll stand on the floor and use his nose to act as if he's covering something up that's not there... with a cover that's not there. Then he'll cover up the same imaginary thing with a blanket... then he'll get a bone or one of his toys and cover them up... it never ends.

I don't know why Cooper does it. Probably because he saw OmaKitty doing it. Oma's OCD and will cover up anything she finds with imaginary covers. She "covers" her food every day for maybe a total of 5-6 hours. I think it's because she doesn't want anybody else to get it and is just trying to hide it. My best guess is Cooper does it because OmaKitty's covering addiction woke up the instinctual covering thing in Cooper.

She uses her paws, Cooper uses his nose. It drives me NUTS!!! I thought I had it bad, having to listen to OmaKitty cover stuff constantly (don't get me started on the litterbox) but when Cooper started doing it, I just gave up. My kids like to cover things. Imaginary and not.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
vixe does this exact same thin, however she only does it if shes full or has found somehtin too bi for her to eat. she will put it down then nudge at the round/carpeting/cushoncovers for a while untill shes positive that its become invisable to everyone but her, then shes satisfied and wanders away.
its a natural burrying behaviour, there just saving thins till later incase we silly humans ever forget dinner lol

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
kemo thinks he is burying his cookies he pushes the *air* to cover it and there it remains out in the open........ :lol: where Bindi just sits and waits and then snags it up :roll:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget burries his blankets... it is funny because he will work really hard at burring them and then I lift up my blankets or pillows and there they are...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts