Was just wondering what your chi's eat?x

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried him with Eukanuba and wasn't too keen. Natures Diet meat however he only liked the chicken one he's not a fish dog lol. Alos Field and Trial dry food but he would only eat one or two biscuits but now tried him with bakers puppy and its the most dry food he has eaten out of what i've tried.

I've been told not to leave his food down for him all the time but i'm so scared he's not eating enough that i have been. If i put it down for him breakfast lunch and dinner time he eats hardly anything.?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just looked at that Acana online and am i right in seeing the price of it.....very exspensive! or have i looked wrong lol??

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Yeah Acana isnt that cheap, but a little goes a long way, and the 2.5kg bags are not too bad and will last you a while with just the one pup.
It is a quality kibble. xx

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
My chi's eat Ziwi Peak. It's a dehydrated raw dog food.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those that have said their chi's eat raw meat. Is that because they would not eat dry food?

I just thought it would be so much easier finding a dry food that he would be happy with instead of having to put up with smelly meat lol if you know what i mean xx

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Those that have said their chi's eat raw meat. Is that because they would not eat dry food?

I just thought it would be so much easier finding a dry food that he would be happy with instead of having to put up with smelly meat lol if you know what i mean xx
No, Brody eats raw because I believe it is the best food for him. If you do a little reading on the pet food industry, you will understand. Don't know how many recalls of dog food you guys have had over in the UK, but we have had a ton here. Tainted dog food killed a lot of dogs and sickened many others. Since those recalls came out, I had been searching for a better way to feed our dogs. Dog food has only been around 100 years and it is a multi billion dollar industry with most of that in marketing. Dog food companies even sponsor the nutrition sections of our veterinarians schooling.

Raw is species appropriate. It is what dogs are meant to eat. It is healthy for them and I like knowing that what I feed Brody is meat that I picked out for him at the store. Human grade, the same thing I feed my family. It certainly is not smelly! LOL!

It's easy to get brainwashed into thinking that kibble is perfect for dogs. I don't agree. I certainly wouldn't want to eat Total cereal twice a day for the rest of my life and I don't think my dog should have to either. When you look at it simply.... feeding a convenient cereal that has a shelf life of several years, or feeding fresh whole foods from the market, for me anyway, the difference is clear.

This is how dogs were fed 100 years ago! And I believe we need to go back to a more natural and species appropriate way of nourishing our pets. :)

If you are interested in learning more, here's a few links for you ....

http://www.bornfreeusa.org/downloads/pdf/PetFoodReport_05-07.pdf

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1244595/Is-food-youre-feeding-pet-killing--making-vet-rich.html

http://drmarty.com/feeding.htm

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, Brody eats raw because I believe it is the best food for him. If you do a little reading on the pet food industry, you will understand. Don't know how many recalls of dog food you guys have had over in the UK, but we have had a ton here. Tainted dog food killed a lot of dogs and sickened many others. Since those recalls came out, I had been searching for a better way to feed our dogs. Dog food has only been around 100 years and it is a multi billion dollar industry with most of that in marketing. Dog food companies even sponsor the nutrition sections of our veterinarians schooling.

Raw is species appropriate. It is what dogs are meant to eat. It is healthy for them and I like knowing that what I feed Brody is meat that I picked out for him at the store. Human grade, the same thing I feed my family. It certainly is not smelly! LOL!

It's easy to get brainwashed into thinking that kibble is perfect for dogs. I don't agree. I certainly wouldn't want to eat Total cereal twice a day for the rest of my life and I don't think my dog should have to either. When you look at it simply.... feeding a convenient cereal that has a shelf life of several years, or feeding fresh whole foods from the market, for me anyway, the difference is clear.

This is how dogs were fed 100 years ago! And I believe we need to go back to a more natural and species appropriate way of nourishing our pets. :)

If you are interested in learning more, here's a few links for you ....

http://www.bornfreeusa.org/downloads/pdf/PetFoodReport_05-07.pdf

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1244595/Is-food-youre-feeding-pet-killing--making-vet-rich.html

http://drmarty.com/feeding.htm

Thank you hun very helpful!! x

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Faith eats Wellness Core at the moment because it's the only thing that agrees with her but I will be switching her to something else as soon as she finishes the bag she's on because I recently found out that it is now being made by Diamond and Menu Foods which will not cut it for me. So I'm contemplating another grain free food for her if I can find one that agrees with her or going with either a raw or dehydrated raw diet...not sure yet.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Well, since we are relatively new to raw (only been feeding for just over a month) we initially started out on chicken necks for the first 2 weeks. They've also had bone in beef pieces, chicken wings, beef heart, whole raw eggs (shell included), whole ground chicken (bones, meat & organ) & a ground beef/organ mixture. We plan to add in some pork & green tripe very soon as well as eventually getting some fresh fish & deer meat from my brother who is an avid fisher/hunter. :) There is so much I want feed my dogs - it's easy to get way excited & want to buy everything you see! (at least for me it is LOL) They just love the raw food and seem to be doing very well on it. It makes me happy to know I'm providing them with what they are meant to eat. And I'm already noticing a significant amount less of the "doggy" smell & their teeth are nice & clean.

Saying that, we fed EVO for a year or better with decent results - but IMO nothing beats the raw! :)

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
mine eat lifestages puppy/junior, bianca will eat nothing else, there is no poo smell, its firm,and small, and they only go max 3 time a day

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I had good results with the Orijen. it really seemed to give him an appetite. That said --this dog eats anything now. Loves it all. Meat, bones, veg , fruit and he has ate other kibble now and again--Acana and Merrick. I find that you actually feed so little kibble that a small bag goes a long way. I like that the Orijen has fish ingredients too--I haven't felt the need to give him a fish oil supplement.

Last night he did some act of thievery and stole a meatball from the kids. I don't know exactly how a 4 pound 8 inch tall creature on the floor can manage this--but apparently he did. (I am guessing someone dropped a meatball and didn't add that part to the tale ;)).

they are funny little dogs --especially about their food

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you all so much, i am going to my supplier tomorrow to see what she's got (raw) because the dry food is no good he hasnt eaten hardly any of it today. So i gave him some tuna and he scoffed it! He's obviously hungry and not happy with dry!

I thought i would try dry first because that is what his breeder done and she said he was eating eat (along with winalot meat) but ever since he has been with me he's not eaten either of what she gave me????

1 - 20 of 81 Posts