Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i love royal canin. some vets hate bil jac and some like it. bil jac is supposed to have a great flavor and it's a food we recommend to try to offer dogs that refuse to eat.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Hey, I don't know much about Bil-Jac, but from what I've heard, Royal Canin is super!! Sorry if I wasn't much help, hehe... :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I just switched Gadget to Royal Canin... He loves it... in fact I had mixed it with his Science Diet ad he would pick the SD out and put it on the floor and eat the RC.... and he used to like the SD.. hehehhe

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have noticed when I fed bil-jac to my lab puppy, the stool was often very smelly and soft. Something to consider when you are housetraing a dog. My Pebblz eats Royal Canin Puppy 33. It is the only food she will eat. We soften it with warm water and it makes a gravy Pebblz eats first, then she eats all the Royal Canin kibble.

Davena

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I've never heard of the Bill Jack, so can't be of much help there Jasmine gets Royal Canin. Sometimes she eats it really well, other times she sniffs and walks away. She is such a picky eater. Some of that is probably my fault because when she doesn't eat all day, I usually end up cooking her some chicken and rice. So she knows if she holds off, mom will cook her something. LOL - the little stinker!

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I swear I already posted a response but it doesn't show... maybe I screwed up. Anyway, Lily has just started eating Royal Canin Small Breed and she likes it a lot ('love' would be too strong a word :lol: ). I couldn't find the Royal Canin Chihuahua but I've ordered a bag from Petco and I'll try her on that. That would be ideal, since it's geared toward issues specific to chi's.

I don't know anything about Bil Jac.

Hearing Lily crunch her food is like music to my ears. :D

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
As I have commented many times before, I can never find the Royal Canin Chihuahua food! The store is always out of it. However, I did buy a bag of the " Royal Canine Mini Adult 27". The food is shaped like tiny little stars.... :) They love it! I like the fact that it comes in a 8lb bag for 10.00 :) Still a little pricey, but better than $13.00 for a 3lb bag! much more economical for feeding three Chi's.

sandra

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Chiwi's mom and Gadget's mom... didn't you both say that your babies will only eat their food directly off the floor? Or maybe it was just Chiwi? Anyway, last night Lily started pawing at her food in the bowl. She's never, ever done that. She would take a few pieces out of the bowl and drop them on the floor. She'd eat one piece at a time, then go back and get a few more, same thing again. It just cracked me up watching her as I kept thinking of Chiwi and Gadget. :lol:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Marcus is now eating Royal Canin and Saturday at Petco a lady gave us a sample of the NeutroMax puppy which he is trying. He loves the Wellness too and it is an excellent food but the local store that carries it is harder for me to get to so we end up with Royal Canin mostly

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
Chiwi's mom and Gadget's mom... didn't you both say that your babies will only eat their food directly off the floor? Or maybe it was just Chiwi? Anyway, last night Lily started pawing at her food in the bowl. She's never, ever done that. She would take a few pieces out of the bowl and drop them on the floor. She'd eat one piece at a time, then go back and get a few more, same thing again. It just cracked me up watching her as I kept thinking of Chiwi and Gadget. :lol:
oh man chiwi is a bad influence lol! she has moved up in the world now though, only daytime meals are eaten off the floor and played with, her night time meals are eaten right out of her bowl.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts