Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having some troubles, as coco is not eating as much as she should?

what did you feed your chihuahua when they were a puppy:confused:

·
Registered
483 Posts
heya i used to feed roxi betapuppy which was quite good and lasted her ages!! lol now that she is older though i feed her on royal canin, what are you feeding your pup now?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heya i used to feed roxi betapuppy which was quite good and lasted her ages!! lol now that she is older though i feed her on royal canin, what are you feeding your pup now?
she now eats royal canin junior 33 and at tea time some cooked carrots and chicken -- thats what the breeder fed her too.

·
Registered
483 Posts
she now eats royal canin junior 33 and at tea time some cooked carrots and chicken -- thats what the breeder fed her too.
that sounds fine to me, roxi wont eat the carrots so i dont give them to her, from time to time ill give her chicken or a little treat like that. how old is your pup?

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
When dex was a pup he was on orijen puppy then got changed to bonless chicken breasts boiled with some stringbeans and carrots...now hes on fried chicken breasts cooked wif veg oil and thk

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Due to Kibble size issues we have switched back to Royal Canine, it's middle of the road food but they make it in a Kibble size that Bijou can eat. AJ will eat anything but was started on RC then switched to Fromm and Merrick and now back to RC due to his brother lol.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
We feed our puppies Royal Canin puppy and it is quite good.
Once they turn 1 year old I give them Timberwolf Organic. It is honestly one of the best food out in the market

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
When most of mine were pups we fed EVO but we switched to feeding raw when Marley was 5.5mo old. If I got another pup I'd definitely feed raw. But I'd also not hesitate feeding ZiwiPeak (you just have to double recommended feeding based on weight where Coco is still a puppy) or even Embark or Thrive Honest Kitchen. I'd probably go with Embark honestly though. We got a small box of Thrive & I'm not as thrilled with it as I was the grain free Force. Embark is also grain free so I'm guessing my lot would do better on that since they typically have been grain free for forever.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
I started Chico with Wellness tell he was 1 year old. Than I had to change it cos I notice he only eats it because that what I give him. But he eats only a little and his coat was flakey So I change to Orijen. And notice the same thing when I gave him wellness. But worse cos he gained so much weight even tho his not finishing his food. So the vet told me to change his food to Royal Canin I have to say I was not happy at first to do that but I said I will give it a tray and see how it goes. Chico loves it. He cant wait to eat and the vet and I are happy with his weight now.

We have Royal Canin in our local pet store so It less money to buy the food online Plus the shipping cost. So Im happy. :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm trying to look into changing Milo at the moment i've heard nothing but bad things about what he's been weaned onto but it's a mine field there are so many out there.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody eats prey model raw. He eats only fresh, whole raw foods. No kibble.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Tabitha and Jerry were started on Royal Canin. I tried Wellness, and they did poorly on it.
Royal Canin Mini Indoor Puppy 27 was the closest I could find to the "breeder's mix". It
has no corn which was important to me. They can stay on that up to 10 months old;
then I switched over to RC Mini Indoor Adult 21.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well I went through trying around 3 types of kibble with Cici she's so fussy, I found one she loves though, James Wellbeloved, It's really good in my opinion, no fillers or preservatives, but all the good stuff :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts